Updated: Mar 15 2013
||Planner / Scheduler
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Gulf of Mexico, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Planner Scheduler is responsible to the Technical Superintendent for the efficient and effective use of planning, scheduling, tracking, releasing and reporting maintenance activities which result in maximum operational uptime of all vessel systems and equipment.
This position functions as a liaison between the various departments and functions onboard to communicate and coordinate the maintenance work scopes as defined in the CMMS. He/she is responsible for reviewing job plans for accuracy and clarity, clear scope of work, correct resources and working hours, realistic completions date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number/coding and proper authorization. Upon issue of job plans he/she is responsible for follow up to ensure accurate close out of the job plan in the CMMS and proper return of parts and materials not utilized in the execution of the work plan.
On a day to day basis he/she is responsible for managing work priority, confirming the accuracy of job plans, identifying parts and materials and engaging the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan from start to close out. These job plans will have to be reviewed and approved by the Technical Superintendent.
Longer term he/she is responsible proactive optimization of maintenance to maximize operational uptime by planning works in advance.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Planner Scheduler is to have
- Associates degree in a technical curriculum or equivalent with IS or a Bachelors degree preferred
- 4 years minimum experience utilizing SAP and SAP PM Module and or other CMMS software, in planning/scheduling preventative maintenance for mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic crafts in the oil and gas industry or the mining industry or the pulp & paper industry.
- Experience working with master data such as functional locations, equipment, bills of materials, technical drawings and preventative maintenance.
- Must be able to coach other users in the functionality of CMMS, preferably SAP PM.
- Proven track record of supervisory and English communication skills (oral and written).
- Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements for Planner Scheduler as described in the Pacific Drilling offshore Training matrix.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with the Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct, supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Responsible for the preparing, reviewing and updating the planning and scheduling of all maintenance through SAP PM, which will be approved by the Technical Superintendent.
- Once a job is planned, prior to scheduling, verifies the availability of qualified personnel, parts, materials and special tools required for its execution prior to release the schedule.
- Ensures the preventative and planned maintenance program is carried out in accordance with Pacific Drilling procedures and recommended schedules.
- Attends the daily operational meetings with the VMT and other department heads and participates in the overall scheduling of works to be performed and to identify operational windows during which preventative and corrective maintenance can be performed.
- Participate in budget preparation by coordinating the maintenance department budget with the Technical Superintendent and assisting the other department heads and the VMT with rig budget proposal, submission and discussion with Rig Manager.
- Maintains appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results of maintenance work (planned and corrective) completed and back logged.
- Reviews all planned maintenance work orders to determine validity and accuracy of information and engage appropriate resources per priority
- Receives and reviews all approved work requests from the requesting departments for accuracy and clarity, clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number and proper authorization. Converts approved work requests into work orders within the SAP PM Module.
- Reviews work to be performed and determines the best way to accomplish the work in coordination with the Technical Superintendent. He/she will consult with Leads, Supervisors and materials as necessary.
- Maintains backlog files of preventative maintenance job plans, work orders waiting scheduling in accordance with their priority limits with an estimated completion date in SAP PM.
- Work with materials/procurement department to manage spare parts and materials to maximize turns but minimize risk of using critical spares.
- Keeps the Technical Superintendent properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations with respect to maintenance scheduling and seeks advice on matters outside his knowledge or authority
- Makes recommendations for system improvement.
- Issue reports to the Vessel Management Team, Rig Manager and the Maintenance Manager with the required KPIs.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available