Updated: Nov 30 2012
||Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Oklahoma City, OK, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This Lead Instrument/Controls Engineering Specialist will be responsible for design and specification of electrical equipment and instrumentation and controls for refining, petrochemical and related facilities.
Duties to include: Technically supervise and direct a team of designers and draftsmen, specify process instrumentation and electrical equipment Perform instrumentengineering calculations including control valve sizing calculations, relief valve capacity calculations, and flow element calculations Perform electrical engineering calculations including short circuit coordination studies, fuse coordination, load studies, voltage drop calculations, wire and conduit sizing and motor sizing. Work closely with other engineers and project managers to complete project assignments. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and systems and process instrumentation and controls, including familiarity with pressure, temperature, level and flow measurement technology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Instrument Society of America (ISA) Standards
- Experience in distributed control systems and/or programmable logic controllers
- Thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) as applied to wiring practices within classified and nonclassified areas.
- Computer proficiency with engineering software to perform engineering calculations.
- Bachelors' degree in engineering; PE license preferred
- Minimum 15+ years experience in design and engineering of electrical instrument and control systems in industrial facilities and oil refinery or petrochemical plants.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available