Updated: Dec 28 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with operated production of about 625,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. We produce oil and gas in Denmark, the UK, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Brazil and Algeria. Exploration activities are ongoing in Angola, Norway, the US Gulf of Mexico, Greenland and in the producing countries.
Turning marginal and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil's business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. Maersk Oil and its subsidiary companies are part of the Danish A.P. Moller - Maersk Group.
Maersk Oil Houston is expanding its activities in offshore Brazil and is seeking an experienced geologist. The candidate is required for the Brazil Exploration & New Ventures Group for integration and evaluation of regional, play and prospect-scale subsurface data, in order to generate & mature exploration opportunities and support drilling activities. The position requires the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams. The job title will be Senior Geologist and may report to either the Brazil Exploration Manager or Brazil New Ventures Manager.
The environment for geoscientists in Maersk Oil is intensive and dynamic, with numerous challenging professional opportunities available. Maersk Oil's operations in the North Sea (Denmark, Norway, UK), Greenland, Brazil, Angola, Qatar and Kazakhstan also provide many exciting possibilities to work internationally. This position is located in Houston, Texas. All applicants should possess a valid US work authorization. Maersk Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Candidate must have a strong background in geological evaluation of a variety of depositional systems in the presence of mobile salt with a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of geological and geophysical data including, but not limited to, well logs, core, biostratigraphic data, 2D and 3D seismic data.Experience in offshore South & Central Atlantic margin passive and rift basin experience is preferred, but not a prerequisite.
- Candidate should be skilled in regional and/or prospect level evaluation with an ability to readily recognize and quantify exploration opportunities of high potential value utilizing play analysis, prospect risk assessment, and stochastic volumetric calculations.
- Candidate must be able to clearly convey concepts and objectives in both verbal presentations and in written technical reports.
- The individual needs to be enthusiastic and strong team player with good communication skills and ability to collaborate and motivate others both within and outside their team.
- Candidate needs to be passionate, a self-starter, possesses strong analytical skills, and enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Technical Degree or MSc. level or higher is preferred
- Technical Degree on BSc. level as a minimum
- Minimum of 8 years plus relevant experience
This job description indicated the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Maersk Oil Houston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants must possess a valid US Work Authorization.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available