The Vacuum Truck Driver drives and operates the Vacuum Truck picking up, hauling and unloading various oil field related fluids including fresh water, brine (salt) water, frac fluids, drilling mud and other well servicing, drilling and production fluids, from and to various sites and sources. All duties of the Vacuum Truck Driver are to be performed consistent with Company operating procedures to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
1. The Vacuum Truck Driver drives the Vacuum Truck to the customers' location(s) to pick up fluids used in well servicing operations. S/he pulls hose(s) from the hose tray and connects one end to the truck and puts the other end into the pit or connects to a tank to extract fluid. This position requires monitoring of the amount of fluid extracted and the amount of fluid the vacuum truck is lawfully allowed to haul, and other situations presented by the site or the customer.
2. The Vacuum Truck Driver is required to drive the truck to and from the loading site or customers' locations, disposal site(s) or back to the area location. This will require the operator to be knowledgeable of all applicable DOT rules and regulations; and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
3. This position will require the employee to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company's requirements and the work performed for the customer(s) as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip / post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when work hours may exceed the DOT maximums.
4. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the driver to have the proper brake certification. This position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
5. This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operation of the equipment, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
6. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
7. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
8. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
• Pass the company's drug screen.
• Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
• Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
• Acceptable criminal history.
• Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
• Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
• This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
• While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
• Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures..
• Must have a valid CDL A drivers license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
• Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations as required for the position.
• Will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and nights as required for the position.
• Must have basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the trucking of oil field fluids.
Employment Type: PERMANENT