Updated: Dec 21 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||North Slope Based, AK, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Location: North Slope, AK
Work will involve onsite operational support during drilling with some predrill technical package review and preparation to ensure successful well delivery. Drilling operations include grassroots rotary wells, rotary rig sidetracks (RST), and sidetracks with coil tubing drilling (CST). Well types include vertical, extendedreach, highangle slants, and horizontal (single and multilateral) to various North Slope reservoirs in fields operated by company.
The position requires close interaction with wellsite team leaders, onsite rig personnel, and subsurface functional teams in Anchorage.
The duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
Awareness and adherence to company HSE policies and Code of Conduct
- Attend prespud meeting(s) in client's Anchorage office, review technical package and statementofrequirements (SOR) objectives and drilling program
- Collect and review required well site reference data, technical package, correlation / offset logs, maps, prognoses
- Pick casing point: using isopachs, changes in drilling parameters, samples
- Pick core point: using isopachs, changes in drilling parameters, samples
- Log correlation/interpretation
- Formation and fluid marker picks
- Revise/update geologic marker and target projections
- Geosteer wellbore to achieve objectives of SOR
- TD determination
- Wellbore landings and target adjustments to drill data
- Forward projections and apparent thickness corrections
- Fault recognition and characterization
- Mentoring and training of lessexperienced personnel
- Cuttings sample evaluation and description
- Reservoir characterization: Lithology, grain size, sorting, roundness, porosity, consolidation, cementation
- Hydrocarbons show analysis and description: stain, visual cut, surface fluorescence, cut fluorescence, percentage of HOT (heavy oil / tar) occluding porosity
- Sample quality control and documentation
Log Quality Control
- Depth control and tiein on sidetracks, conventional wells, and CTD
- Onsite quality control for MWD / Wireline / Drill Pipe Conveyed logs
- Provide logging service company with oil normalization zones
- Witness log acquisition and quality control
- Advise town personnel on changes needed in well plan
- Advise rig team on geologic risks, morning meeting, and casing point / casing tallies
- Advise directional driller on target objective, geosteering requirements
- Advise MWD and mud logging personnel of program requirements and revisions
- Distribute daily reports, files and interpreted data to Operator's representative and partners
- Regular interface with town geologist
- Regular visits in Anchorage with the New Wells Delivery team
- Daily file / documentation and final documentation maintenance
- Daily Reports, interpreted "Geosurvey" (using clientsupplied application), lithology description
- Interpreted daily log with target projections
- Final perforation recommendations in collaboration with Town subsurface team(s)
- Prepare final operations report (End of Well Summary), interpreted log and digital log file(s)
- Maintain North Slope geology and engineering files; expedite final logs and data to Anchorage
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Geology.
- Relevant industry experience in operations and production geology; experience geosteering horizontal wells
- North Slope experience with CTD and horizontal drilling preferred
- Strong technical grounding in petroleum operations, operations and production geology, drilling and completions, and field development
- Ability to focus efforts and prioritize work under pressure and adapt effectively to fastpaced operations
- Excellent communication skills, strong team player, open and transparent communicator across diverse multidiscipline teams on the North Slope and Anchorage.
- English fluency required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available