Peritus International, as a new global provider of advanced subsea and floating systems engineering to offshore projects worldwide, with emphasis on difficult and deepwater environments, has an immediate opening for Subsea Pipeline Global Engineering Executive located in Canada. Details of the position are provided below.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Lead the Pipeline Engineering Client interface Client project office for Peritus on a prestigious Canadian Project
- Overall responsibility for the technical development and client and team interfacing within Canada
- Assist in Management of the development and implementation of project strategies for the subsea Pipeline system.
- Master of Science (MSc) [Subsea/Civil/Structural/Marine Engineering]
- Chartered - preferred. Minimum Education
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (CEng)
WHO THE ROLE REPORTS TO
- Project Manager.
- Project Engineering Manager
Within the Company: -
- Engineering Management.
- Onshore Pipeline Manager.
- Facilities Manager
- Enabling works Manager
Outside the Company: -
- Interface with industry and academia JIP, R&D and other technical forums.
- Technical representatives within client companies including operators, installation contractors and equipment vendors.
- Representatives from Verification Bureau's and Other Statutory Bodies.
SPECIAL ASPECTS OF THE ROLE
Requires a solid understanding of all aspects of pipeline engineering including deepwater, Strain based and working stress design methodologies for Trunklines, Flowlines, Flexibles and Bundles, Buckling and buckle mitigation technologies, stability, soil pipe interaction modelling, Landfall and beach crossing designs, Bund and associated structures.
- Working or expert knowledge of subsea pipelines, and riser systems with in-depth understanding of static/dynamic interfaces enabling ability to work closely with riser engineering team.
- Define clients' requirements and to understand their technical and economic drivers.
- Evaluate new technologies that add value Maintain coordination with all team members for information, specific job scope and efficient design.
- Actively cooperate with members of the project task force, client personnel, vendors and contractors in order to successfully execute the scope of the undertaking.
- Understand client expectations, as determined by the team, and constantly strive to achieve or better these.
- Provide interface management to all project disciplines in the area of pipeline engineering as required for the execution of the scope of the undertaking.
- Meet commitments made to clients, individually or as a team, to complete work by certain dates or within agreed man-hour or cost budgets.
- Excellent written and oral skills, including preparation of presentations and papers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team participation.
- Ability to build a strong pipeline engineering team and train/mentor junior engineers.
- Be able to design, perform and interpret advanced technology pipeline studies using outside research firms, if needed, for new field development approaches.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in the use of software for: Wall Thickness Design, Upheaval Buckling Design, Free-Span Design, Stability Design, Expansion Design, Cathodic Protection Design, Environmental Loading; Pressure Drop; Temperature Profile, and Heat Transfer Analysis.
- Bathymetry Data Management, route engineering and spanning analysis and generation of alignment sheets.
- Knowledge and application of CSA-Z662, BS8010, DnV, AS2885, NPD, ASME, IP6, API, ISO, BOSS and other internationally recognized codes and standards
Peritus International offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible Work Hours (To meet Client Expectations as required)
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and comprehensive Insurance
- Dependent insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Employee Performance Bonus
- To apply, please respond on-line and include
- Current Resume
- Certificates shall be requested and verified
Peritus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will be contacted regarding this position.