Independence Contract Drilling
Updated: Nov 20 2014
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Motorhand provides manual labor as required to operate and maintain the rig's diesel and electric engines as directed by the Driller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks the oil, oil pressure, temperature, fuel levels and pressure watch radiator water level and records findings in the daily report during tour.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance for the main engines, air compressors, water manifolds and pumps to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the mechanical equipment on the rig.
- Performs lifting, removing, installing and operating wellhead, blow-out prevention equipment and associated drilling equipment as required by the Driller.
- Participates in Company Safety Program.
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires minimum of 2 years in the drilling industry as a Floorhand or Motorhand.
- Must possess current 1st Aid, CPR, and Forklift/Manlift certificates.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to be able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give them.
- Ability to use simple math to make job related calculations.
- Able to work in high places for extended periods of time.
- Ability to Climb tall flights of stairs and work out of a riding harness for lengthy periods of time, and lift 50 lbs.
- MUST pass background and hair follicle screenings.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available