Independence Contract Drilling
Updated: Dec 13 2012
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Floorhand provides manual labor and support of duties pertaining to the rig floor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the assisting in the set up and take down of drilling rig equipment.
- Responsible for handling, sorting and moving drill tools, pipe, cement, and other materials.
- Carries out housekeeping tasks around the rig. (washing, painting, digging, cleaning, etc.)
- Performs daily maintenance on the rig floor equipment and pipe handling tools.
- Responsible for the manipulation of the sections of pipe or drill stem at rig floor during drilling.
- Responsible for removing and replacing the strings of pipe or drill stem and/or drill bit.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized work environment on the rig.
- Participates in Company Safety Program.
- HS diploma or GED
- Preferably 1 year experience in the drilling industry. Entry level will be considered.
- Should possess current 1st Aid, CPR, and Forklift/Manlift certificates, or be willing to go through the training once employed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Possess hazard awareness necessary to operate safely within the drilling environment.
- Able to work in high places for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb tall flights of stairs, work out of a riding harness and lift 50 lbs.
- MUST pass background and hair follicle screenings.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available