Independence Contract Drilling
Updated: Nov 20 2014
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Driller is responsible for the oversight of a work crew, consisting of the Derrickhand, Motorhand, and Floorhands, delegating and directing them to accomplish scheduled work tasks. The Driller is also responsible for operating and repairing drilling equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for supervision of crew and the operation of drilling and hoisting equipment on the Rig in accordance with company regulations.
- Operates joy stick to control the speed of the Top Drive, which rotates string of pipe and tools in the borehole, and to regulate pressure of tools at bottom of the borehole.
- Pushes levers and brake controls to control draw works which lowers and rises drill pipe and casing into and out of well.
- Maintains and constantly verifies the equipment and records the data into a log.
- Records footage drilled, location and nature of strata penetrated, and materials used.
- Must be able to perform any job on the Rig in order to instruct others on the proper procedures, and to fill in for others when needed.
- Participates in Company Safety Program.
- High School graduate or GED AND pocess current BOP certification.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years in the drilling industry as a Floorhand, Motorhand, and Derrickhand combined.
- Must possess 1st Aid, CPR, Forklift/Manlift and IACD Well Control certificates, or be willing to go through the training once employed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to be able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give them.
- Ability to use simple math to make job related calculations.
- Able to work in high places for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb derrick structures with required PPE, climb tall flights of stairs, work out of a riding harness for lengthy periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
- MUST possess joy stick drilling experience.
- MUST pass background and hair follicle screenings.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available