Independence Contract Drilling
Updated: Nov 20 2014
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Derrickhand works the derrick during tripping operations and running of casing. While drilling, the Derrickhand is responsible for maintaining the drilling fluid and the drilling system as directed by the Driller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the uppermost section of the drilling string as it is brought from and lowered into the wellbore or drill hole.
- Responsible for the oversight of some of the machinery on the Rig and for the conditioning of the drilling fluid and the circulation machinery.
- Responsible for submitting orders to the Tool Pusher for all pump expendables and supplies pertaining to the mud pumps and mud systems.
- Responsible for working with mud systems, monitoring weight and mixing weight properly while reporting any changes.
- Must be able to work in a highly skilled team environment, effectively communicating with the Driller and other Rig members.
- Spends 25% of time in the rig derricks and plays a lead role in stacking and guiding pipe as it is tripped in and out or reconnected into the hole.
- Participates in Company Safety Program.
- High School graduate or GED
- Requires a minimum of 3 years in the drilling industry as a Floorman or above.
- Must possess current 1st Aid, CPR and Forklift/Manlift certificates.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to be able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give them.
- Ability to use simple math to make job related calculations.
- Knowledge of top drive design and function.
- Able to work in high places for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb derrick structures with required PPE, climb tall flights of stairs, work out of a riding harness for lengthy periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
- MUST pass background and hair follicle screenings.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available