Independence Contract Drilling
Updated: Dec 13 2012
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Like every position at ICD, the Daylight Motorman is crucial and plays a huge part in the success of our business. The Daylight Motorman will have the ability to lead our efforts in safety, efficiency, professionalism, and cost effectiveness.
The Daylight Motorman provides rig maintenance and electrical/mechanical support to the rig under the direction of the ICD Maintenance Department and Tool Pusher. This position is responsible for the ownership and supervision of all daily rig maintenance activities. The Daylight Motorman will work closely with the Tool Pusher to ensure all company policies and procedures are enforced. The Daylight Motorman will assist the Tool Pusher to ensure all company assets are maintained and kept in good order as required by the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for submitting orders for tools and replacement parts for the rig's diesel and electric engines to the Tool Pusher
- Electronically schedule planned and unplanned maintenance on the drilling rig
- Responsible for testing machinery to ensure operability and safety and is also required to clean and maintain this equipment at all times
- Responsible for training, supervising, and assisting other crew members as required
- Conducts themselves as a leader on each location and help implement company safety programs
- Responsible for day to day maintenance and inventory associated with critical drilling equipment such as top drive, drilling engines, catwalk, BOP control equipment
- Assists the Tool Pusher to ensure critical spare parts are available to keep the drilling rig operational at all times
- High School diploma or GED is mandatory, further technical education is preferred
- Requires a minimum of 2 years in the drilling industry as a Motorman
- Must be willing to travel to various company locations, including offices and other drilling locations-often on short notice for training, maintenance on other locations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other methods of communication and reporting
- Experience with Rig MS inventory and maintenance systems is preferred -willingness to understand and learn the system is mandatory
- Must have a background in electrical and mechanical maintenance
- MUST pass background and hair follicle screenings.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available