Updated: Dec 4 2012
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reporting to the MWD Coordinator, the MWD Field Supervisor is responsible for all MWD activities and equipment at the well site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicate with the Directional Driller/Drilling Foreman to ensure all MWD requirements at the rig site are met.
- Set up all required MWD hardware at the well-site including checking/testing all MWD tools.
- Ensure and verify that all drill collars and subs required for operating the MWD system are present at the well-site.
- Provide interpretation of MWD data to the client and/or directional drilling supervisor
- Complete and submit all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all upgrades and modifications are completed to the MWD system hardware and software.
- Maintain up to date knowledge base on all new technology.
- Ensure safety policy and practices are consistently met
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Shop duties as required, including but not limited to preparation of MWD kits and related equipment.
- Based on the job capacity and available personnel, hot shots deliveries may be required.
- High School diploma
- Degree or certificate in Petroleum, Technology or Engineering disciplines a plus.
- Previous industry experience considered an asset
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available