Updated: Nov 20 2012
||Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client, a major oil and gas EPC are looking to recruit a Senior Instrumentation Engineer for their Calgary office on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Applying extensive and diversified knowledge of instrument engineering methodologies and design in project execution and department training
- Preparing Project Design Specifications on the basis of local regulations, international codes/best practice and customer requirements
- Managing the Instrument List, I/O, Alarms & Set Points and Cable Schedule
- Supervising the preparation of Architectural Drawings
- Coordinating the Software and Hardware freezing
- Preparing Technical Supply Specifications for instrumentation materials
- Preparing MTO and Material Requisitions
- Performing technical bid analysis and vendor data checking and
- Preparation of Subcontracting Packages
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associated degree with APEGGA PE License
- Additional licensing in other provinces is desirable
- Recent experience in hands-on design, engineering and Revamp work
- Must be familiar with Local Regulations and International Design code
- Ten to fifteen years experience
- Proficient with Smartplant Instrumentation
- Proficiency with MS Office Package
- Proficiency with MicrostationÂ® and/or AutocadÂ® is desirable
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Ref No: HQ00015109
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Europe, the Middle East, USA, Canada, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available