Updated: Nov 27 2012
||Pipeline Engineering, CSA Z662, stress, schedules, estimates, specifications, manpower, procurement, vendor data, SAGD
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are currently seeking high caliber Pipeline Engineer candidates to work on a contract basis. Based in Calgary, you will be working for one of the world's leading engineering, procurement and construction companies to the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical sector.
- Pipeline Engineer with CSA Z662 code experience.
- Knowledge of Pipeline Stress Analysis.
- Under general supervision, perform and check most types of pipeline calculations and design using both computeraided and manual design techniques.
- Provide assistance to the Lead Pipeline Engineer, as requested, in the areas of schedules, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement activities, etc.
- If serving in a Lead or Area Lead position, perform all or some of the following: organize/plan jobs, write/review specifications, prepare/maintain schedules, develop/monitor estimates and manpower forecasts, assign work, work with project/client/field, material procurement, permit, and subcontract activities.
- Utilize vendor data and work with other disciplines as required for the performance of pipeline designs.
- Utilize squad check vendor data and drawings from other disciplines.
- Actively participate in, and maximize the use of, Pipeline Knowledge Community and other available resources.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
- Attend external technical seminars and selfenroll in training courses for inhouse management.
- Perform selfcheck of completed work, develop self confidence, and provide guidance to less experienced pipeline engineers.
- Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent pipeline codes and standards, governing regulations, and industry practices, etc.
- Develop experience in pipeline field construction management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible for Professional Registration.
- 5 years of pipeline engineering experience using CSA Z662 code.
- SAGD experience would be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available