Energy Staffing Professionals
Updated: Dec 5 2012
||Environmental Engineer, Environmental Safety & Training, Department Manager, Oil & Gas Projects
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$175 - $225 or competitive
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This role is a leadership position. The candidate will need to be technically capable of preparing key environmental deliverables in the area of operator support, permitting, auditing and EIA development for the O&G sector. Services will be provided to both internal clients, consultancy studies and to external clients requiring environmental support only. The candidate will be expected to perform business development activities based upon their vision of how to grow this business and to utilize their network of existing contacts. Recruitment, management and development of high caliber staff at various experience levels will also be required. The candidate will be responsible for the content and quality of all environmental work undertaken by the group.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Technical responsibility for all Houston-based Environmental activity
- Maintain and expand Houston capability from people, methods (including software tools) and regulations standpoints
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in Environmental regulatory frameworks in US in particular
- Liaison with counterparts in London and Aberdeen (and other locations, if appropriate) with a view to ensuring uniform global service provision
- Development and implementation of Business plan for Houston Environmental services
- Preparation of input to proposals - execution statements, manhour estimates, schedules, organization charts
- Recruitment of staff at all levels
- Liaison with academia in the US who are involved in Environmental aspects of Oil and Gas business
- For project activities (for example), :
- Controls and authorises relevant environmental engineering activities to ensure necessary environmental performance can be achieved in design, in accordance with project requirements, relevant laws, regulations and codes.
- Reviews job scope and provides manhour estimates, where necessary, for activity completion.
- Prepares detailed schedules for applicable environmental activities.
- Ensures the distribution of technical data and discipline work instruction.
- Reviews and checks applicable project specifications.
- Develops and analyses engineering solutions to specific job requirements.
- Prepares environmental deliverables and control register.
- In Country & Project specific (Offshore/Overseas)
- Consultancy Manager, Environmental Managers in other locations, Business Unit Directors, Project Disciplines, Project Managers. Engineers
- Clients, External Stakeholders (NGOs), Contractors,
- External agencies - BOEM, BSSE, NOAA, US EPA, IMO, MARPOL etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
The job holder must have:
- Typically 15 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, of which at least 10 years must have been in the oil and gas industry.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent, professional engineering accreditation & Chartered Status (typically CEng or PEng).
- Good understanding of environmental standards and regulations (include US CFR, API, UK North Sea Regulations, Norsok Requirements, International and IFC).
- Able to deliver project deliverables including environmental philosophies, ENVID reviews, Concept screening studies, technology review and BAT demonstration studies, Environmental scoping reports, environmental input to ESIA, performing calculations and prepare emission inventories.
- Experience in HYSIS, AERMOD, ADMS, CORMIX, CadnaA, OSCAR-DREAM-PARTRACK suite.
The job holder must have proven:
- Good computer literacy with particular competence in MS office software.
- Full command of English language.
- Persistence to meet objectives.
- Stress resistance.
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and social skills.
- Ability to be a team builder.
- Ability to work in a planned fashion.
- Intellectual capabilities.
- Technical knowledge in all disciplines to judge and deal with problems
- Analytical and judgmental skills to find and implement proactive solutions.
Summary - Behavioral
- Displays Personal Effectiveness - Building Relationships
- Displays Personal Effectiveness
- Delivers Results
- Analyses and solve problems
- Communicates and persuades
- Manage knowledge and information
- Summary - Functional
- Demonstrates the following technical competencies including, but not limited to:
- Oil and gas industry background
- Working experience in both the onshore and offshore environment
- Provision of support regarding Environmental Management throughout the organization
- Good understanding of process engineering principles
- Good understanding of atmospheric emissions and technology controls (including sizing calculations)
- Knowledge of designing segregated effluent collection systems and wastewater treatment technologies
- Knowledge of preparing waste management plans
- Knowledge of preparing environmental impact assessments and other environmental consents/ permits applicable for onshore and offshore facilities
- Monitoring and reporting environmental performance
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements and auditing
- Business Development in the preparation of tenders and growing the environmental business for the Houston Office.
Based in Houston office; Standard Working Hours; may travel to other offices & client locations when required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available