Updated: Dec 19 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training, Executive, HSE Manager / Advisor, Corporate HSEQ
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Transfield Services (TSE) has established and is enhancing its position as a leading maintenance and outsourced services provider. TSE has a resilient business model built on industry and geographic diversity. The Company is confident it will continue to expand its business through concentrating on market segments and geographies with good growth opportunities.
All senior leadership roles carry accountability for the following four key business objectives;
- Growing the business
- Developing people
- Thought leadership
- Competitive performance results.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The Vice President, Health Safety & Environment is responsible for leading the HSE function in the Americas with the goal of achieving a safe and injury free workplace.
Key Working Relationships:
Primary reporting line of the role is to the Chief Executive Officer, Americas and functionally to the TSE Safety Executive. The ability to provide leadership and work effectively in a global matrix structure is critical.
- Transfield Services, Americas (TSA) CEO
- TSA Business Unit Executives
- TSA Functional Executives
- Transfield Services HSE Team
- Clients, vendors and suppliers
The successful candidate will have held a senior-level HSE role in a $1B plus organization and has provided strategic leadership on all health, safety and environmental needs within an organization.
- To promote and model leadership safety and ensure projects operate in a manner consistent with Transfield Services values and safety best practices. Responsible for developing and implementing company HSE policies and programs which reflect each industry's best practices.
- Design, implement, incorporate and direct execution of HSE policies, procedures and programs that support Company safety standards throughout the organization. Maintain and continues to develop HSE systems as necessary.
- Responsible for enforcement and compliance with all HSE regulations including maintaining the documentation, tracking and statistical timely reporting for all regulatory agencies (EPA, OSHA, etc.)
- Ensure proposed HSE initiatives are aligned with Transfield Service's corporate strategy. Advise leadership of associated HSE risk management issues and take proactive steps to manage risks. Plan, direct and implement HSE programs to ensure compliance with organizational performance standards and philosophies.
- Responsible for overseeing safety requirement and providing appropriate training programs to ensure the safe operations of our workforce.
- Develop annual Site Safety Plans in cooperation with operational managers.
- Coach management in all matters of compliance and safety. Provides direction, mentor, advice and guidance to management, supervisors and employees.
- Ensure incident and other data is recorded in the company system in accordance with procedural requirements and that OSHA incident logs are accurate and up to date.
- Prepare HSE reports and submit within required timeframes.
- Certification against OSHA and other applicable regulatory standards are maintained.
- Promote an organizational culture that empowers all employees to be involved in HSE matters and to pro-actively take action to reduce risk and to protect people and the environment.
- Ensure compliance with Mandatory Safety Rules (MSRs) and that all individuals involved in incidents are treated fairly per the "fair treatment model".
- Develop and implement strategies to improve HSE performance while maintaining an approach consistent with all Company vision, values and requirements.
- Ensure key aspects of the HSE Management System are continuously measured and monitored to ensure effective function.
- Ensure that the respective Operational / Executive Managers are notified of incidents as required by the Incident Reporting and Investigation Procedure.
- Provide technical guidance to Regional HSE Managers and HSE Coordinators as required.
- Ensure the HSE OSP is compliant with all relevant statutes, rules and codes and capable of delivering ''best practice'' performance.
- Communicate with employer groups and regulatory authorities as necessary.
- Ensure on going audits and review processes (due diligence) of the company system and HSE performance are conducted. This includes workplace visits, audits, performance reviews, and investigation of incidents as appropriate.
- Prepare periodic management reports (as required) by the CEO, Americas and the TSE HSE Executive on HSE and Workers' Compensation performance including:
- Status of Improvement Initiatives,
- Key Performance Indicator status,
- General issues / performance as required.
- Uphold and promote the Company's Business Code of Conduct
Education / Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Safety Management or other HSE related discipline required. Post graduate qualifications will be well regarded.
- 10 plus years of HSE experience with 5 years in senior roles. Construction or maintenance industry preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)/ Associate in Risk Management (ARM) (highly preferred)
- He/She is known as a team player who has experience working on a senior management team
- A proactive, self sufficient executive who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Has the agility to move back and forth between the strategic and tactical aspects of the VP, HSE role.
- An individual who has a strong desire to be "part of the business and work in the business" and has demonstrated an understanding of general business matters.
- A credible manager and leader who is respected for his/her ability to influence senior business leaders.
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles.
- Strong experience in incident and accident investigation methods.
- Effective communication skills including, verbal, written and presentation.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
Other Factors Relevant to the Position:
- Travel: 30-40%
- Flexible Working hours
It should be noted that the appointee is expected to take on other duties as may be directed by the CEO TSA and, or the TSE HSE Executive from time to time.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available