Bergaila & Associates
Updated: Jul 8 2013
||Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Anchorage, AK, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our Client is an energetic, people-driven company that provides multi-discipline engineering and design, project management, project controls, procurement and construction management to the Oil and Gas, Power and Mining industries. About thirty percent of our Client's staff works on the North Slope in client field operations facilities providing plant engineering services. The remaining staff is located at offices in Anchorage and Kenai. This staff includes Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and Support Staff across all major disciplines, as well as one of the largest fire and gas detection and suppression teams in Alaska.
- Applies engineering principles to design, modify or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing products by performing the following duties.
- Interprets and applies codes, procedures, standards and specifications to accurately and efficiently produce designs which conform to applicable codes and specifications.
- Interprets complex vendor data or drawings for conformance with project requirements and initiates resolution of any problems.
- Accurately develops material takeoffs and estimates.
- Proficiently operates various Bentley and AutoCAD systems. Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform design tasks.
- Consistently demonstrates example skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, handling a clients changing needs, communications, operational efficiencies, decision making, and analyzing and solving problems.
- Inspects equipment for conformance with design specifications. Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technical changes and developments in industry.
- A minimum of 2 years hydrocarbon design experience; prefer arctic design experience.
- Experience working in the field with various crafts including construction, drilling, etc., and client operations and engineering staff is required.
Round trip airfare will be provided with this assignment for out of town candidates. A flight at the start of the assignment, and a flight home at the completion/conclusion of the assignment.
For expenses incurred while working away from your home of record, pay will be split, with the first 195.00/day 9/16 to 4/30 and 285.00/day 5/1 to 9/15 will be paid as per diem in accordance with published government per diem rates and will be paid based on 7 days. Please note, this is not in addition to your base rate.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available