HirePower Personnel, Inc. (G.A.S.)
Updated: Dec 10 2012
||IT - Analysis & Management, Capital Projects, SAP, P&ID, SmartPlant, Cad, 3D
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Capital Project IM Business Analyst supports the Capital Project IM/IT Delivery Manager in the Region by analyzing the IM requirements for the Project / Operations and translating them into the IM Strategies, IM Plans and IM in the project execution documents and contracts. In a given Capital Project the IM Business Analyst works alongside an assigned IT Business Analyst who has an identical role but in the Information Technology domain.
While the IM/IT Delivery Manager in the Region will retain the overall accountability for the IM/IT performance in a given Capital Project over its lifecycle, the IM Business Analyst will be responsible for delivery of the IM scope in the Capital Project during the IDENTIFY & ASSESS, SELECT and in some cases, DEFINE phases.
Once the Capital Project IM/IT Manager (PIM) is appointed, he / she and the IM Business Analyst work together during the transition period ensuring transfer of knowledge and seamless handover. At this point the Capital Project IM/IT Manager formally takes over responsibility for delivery of the IM scope from the Business Analyst.
The Capital Project IM Business Analyst shall:
- Identify, analyze and define business requirements for Capital Projects, culminating in the creation of IM Strategy, IM Plan and other documentation supporting the Project. Estimate the IM delivery resource requirements supporting a Capital Project and enable the IM delivery through CTRs and / or other agreements and arrangements.
- Facilitate the execution of the IM activities by the IM Delivery Verticals in support of the business workflows within the Capital Projects during the early phases of the Opportunity Realization Process and ensure a seamless IM transition as the Capital Project enters the DEFINE / EXECUTE phases.
- Maintain both a project and an operational focus. Build and leverage trusted business relationships with the Capital Projects, analyzing their IM requirements and ensuring that the IM solutions delivered through the IM Delivery Verticals and external suppliers meet the Capital Project's needs and help to maximize value of the Business Opportunity.
- Support the Capital Project IM/IT Manager by organizing and conducting together with the Functional IM/IT Team the required IM health checks and peer reviews.
- Contribute to the further development of the Capital Projects IM/IT Delivery Vertical in TaCIT in realizing its ambition to become a One Stop Shop for the Capital Projects IM/IT Delivery.
Previous Experience and Exposure (*):
- Substantial / Extensive experience (depending on the JG level) in the oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience in an IM role in a Capital Project is compulsory.
- Previous exposure to the Upstream / Downstream environment in project engineering, project services or discipline engineering role is also highly desirable.
- Technical and Business skills:
- Expert knowledge of the Information Management domain, including the deep understanding of the typical Data Management and Document Control / Management processes and solutions / applications that facilitate them.
- General understanding of the Project Information Technology domain, general understanding of the technology trends and of the typical Upstream / Downstream applications and IT solutions required to deliver a Capital Project and operate an Asset.
- Sound understanding of the Opportunity Realization Process, DCAF, Project Standards and DEP framework.
- Working knowledge IM/IT Delivery Verticals structure and working practices as well as Upstream / Downstream business environment, objectives and management structures.
Leadership and Interpersonal skills:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, especially in handling contacts with stakeholders of all types and at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to creatively analyze and interpret data focusing on the business perspective.
- Ability to take apart and analyze complex business issues, identifying cause and effects and evaluating links and patterns.
- Ability to frame issues accurately and succinctly, translating the business requirements into IM operational / technical aspects.
- Skilled in influencing and persuading others to work towards compelling, high quality solutions.
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available