Updated: Dec 13 2012
||Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, reservoir, business analyst, economic analysis, statistics,
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||125 - 175k plus DOE, 4 weeks vacation, 9/80 work schedule, 401k matching
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reservoir Engineer, Portfolio / Business Analyst
Please note: Position is in Bakersfield, CA
The Reservoir Engineer portfolio/business analyst will assist in the development of strategies to determine how to best develop and produce the Belridge Asset's large reserve base. The analyst will primarily be responsible for Belridge portfolio model coordination and analysis. Assist the asset to make high quality decisions through structured analyses. At times, the portfolio/business analyst will also work to support the evaluation of development alternatives as well as provide technical analysis and support for sub- surface and surface strategic projects, including evaluating and recommending projects for commercial pursuit. The portfolio model incorporates sets of interrelated data to evaluate development alternatives and generate value measure outputs. The analyst is responsible for drawing insights from deterministic and probabilistic results generated by portfolio decision models and applying those results to determine the best strategic path for the Belridge asset. When not conducting business planning evaluations and coordination the position will be responsible for supporting reservoir maturation activities and studies including opportunity evaluation, reserves estimating, and base asset support.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct production performance look back analysis and leverage results to update portfolio model inputs.
- Coordinate other business planning/portfolio model inputs from the asset's technical and operating staff.
- Update portfolio model with these inputs as part of the annual business/operating planning cycle.
- Leverage the business plans and portfolio model to create, analyze, and recommend development and operating scenario alternatives for business/operating plan submittals.
- Participate as a member in strategy studies and provide input to ongoing development and operating decisions.
- Derive insights and present results that accurately reflect the technical, economic, and statistical inputs.
- Deliver decision models by incorporating alternatives, uncertainties, and relationship between variables.
- Perform economic and risk analysis. Assess risk mitigation. Provide economic and decision consultation.
- Participate in Belridge reserve review and Ad-Valorem tax preparation.
- This position requires an M.S. or B.S. in engineering or related field
- Proficient in Economic Analysis using applied mathematics/statistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Knowledge of decision making techniques and tools
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently
Experience/Business Accomplishments Required for this Position:
- 5 years or more oil and gas experience in the field of Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline.
- Decision analysis and/or quantitative analysis experience, including team facilitation experience.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available