Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Mar 5 2013
||Chemical Engineering, Production Engineering, PVC, Polymer bactch
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Geismar, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Production / Process Engineer
Assists Unit Superintendent with the analyses and trouble-shooting of process operations and collection of technical information.
- Technical operational advisor to Production Supervision and Process Operations. Monitors and does analyses of utility and raw material consumption for cost estimation and reduction project.
- Support to maintain and ensure continuous operation. Includes assistance as needed during unit operational upsets or unit turnarounds.
- Participate in commissioning of new process equipment installations.
- Coordinate and assist in implementation of minor plant system changes. Including small equipment additions, modifications and/or deletions and minor process design.
- Coordinates and follows up the improvement project of production efficiency.
- Maintain data on plant operation and key performance indicators.
- Provide operational and technical support to project coordinator(s) for large, extensive plant system changes. Includes operational review, assistance with cost/benefit analysis, and participating in Hazard Reviews.
- Assist in writing and reviewing Unit Operating Procedures in assigned areas of the Plant.
- Support Process Engineering with plant material balances, yields, closures, project design scope, etc. as deemed necessary to maintain operations. Completes process engineering study and design for new projects and coordinate with Engineering Department to complete projects.
- Assist Superintendent with annual expense budget preparation.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Performs special projects and studies as assigned. Carry out cost/benefit analysis for special projects.
- Perform internal technical training sessions for operating personnel.
- Share weekend call duty with other unit staff personnel.
- Fill in for Production Supervisor and Superintendent as needed and assigned.
- Coordinate and/or conduct plant audit monthly reports in areas that affect your site.
- Perform duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of all personnel on site. Whenever appropriate; promptly report Safety, Health or Environmental incidents or issues to management so the situation can be corrected. Attend Monthly Safety meetings to help prevent off-site and job accidents.
- B.S. in Engineering, preferably in Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years of refinery, or chemical plant process or production experience.
- PVC or polymer batch experience.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available