Marathon Oil Company
Updated: Nov 29 2012
||San Antonio, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position will report to the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor in San Antonio and will be responsible for supporting the Regulatory Compliance team in the development of the Eagle Ford Shale Asset. Texas regulatory/land experience preferred, but all relevant experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be located in the San Antonio, Texas area.
The Eagle Ford Shale is a new oil shale development area which includes construction, drilling, completions, and production operations. The successful candidate will be charged with providing regulatory support to assist the Eagle Ford Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local regulations. The candidate will work closely with subsurface, land, operations and other professionals to assist the Regulatory team in ensuring compliance across the Eagle Ford Asset. The Regulatory Compliance technician must be able to effectively communicate and interact with internal and external stakeholders. Experience with drilling, completions and producing asset regulatory permits is preferred.
- Provide regulatory compliance and administrative support to the Eagle Ford Regulatory Team.
- Maintain tracking systems to identify upcoming regulatory requirements for continuing compliance with regulations.
- Assist in the collection of data and compilation of various required regulatory submittals (federal, state and local; where applicable). This requirement can include filings related to production disposition, drilling or completion reporting, annual submittals, well integrity testing, notice of violations, etc.
- Maintain well identification signage, well proration listings, filing of Forms P-8 and P-4 and Gas and Oil Well Status Reports (Forms G-10 and W-10) to the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC), and other tasks as identified by the Eagle Ford Asset.
- Maintain paper and electronic Regulatory files in accordance with Marathon's Document Control and Record Retention Guidelines.
- Assist in special projects and research as required by the Eagle Ford Regulatory team.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including internal team members, contract companies, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
- Participate in Eagle Ford asset and operations meetings.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience preferred. Experience with onshore oil and gas upstream regulatory compliance and a general knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations is preferred.
- Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, etc.; Adobe Acrobat
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available