Updated: Nov 29 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Supervisor, Mechanical Technician
||North Slope Based, AK, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
North Slope, Alaska
- Provide long term equipment reliability using predictive analytics with a focus on data trending models.
- Focus on developing in-house expertise in Predictive and Precision Maintenance technologies.
- Provide technical support and direction for the Reliability Maintenance group members and of the assigned plants. Work with rotating equipment Engineers and Maintenance Team Leads to resolve equipment anomalies.
- Design, develop, modify, and evaluate systems, processes, or facilities to support company objectives.
- Analyze and design, develop and tune Predictive models
- Determine training needs for the team and facilitate the appropriate training
- Act as a lead expert in the work group; train and mentor associate technicians.
- Recommend solutions to management to meet production needs
- Troubleshoot rotating equipment
- Maintain and update rotating equipment history files
- Write work requests
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Comply with Alaska Safety Handbook
- Complete requested training programs
Essential Requirements for this position include the following:
- High School Graduate
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of directly related experience with the operation of Gas Turbine and compressor systems along with related rotating equipment.
- Working knowledge of Vibration Analysis, dynamic balancing, Alignment, oil analysis
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance strategies
- Understanding of Company's business, and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including automated tools.
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Experience work with some or all of the following equipment: industrial turbines, aero derivative turbines, large multi-stage centrifugal pumps, electrical generators, and high speed multi-stage centrifugal compressors.
- Working knowledge of rotating equipment
- Able to read and understand P&IDs and technical manuals
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to work independently or on a team
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour day/night shift with a 1/1 or 2/2 weeks on/off rotational schedule on the North Slope of Alaska
- Currently reside in, able to relocate to, or willing to commute to Anchorage, AK without company assistance
- Experience and track record of developing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with company and Contractor personnel and leaders
- Leadership and professionalism in working with sensitive subject matter and materials
- Experience in the petrochemical industry
- Experience working in a power plant
- Experience working on aircraft
- Experience working on the North Slope of Alaska or in a similar arctic conditions
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available