Updated: Dec 3 2012
||Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, light oil, ArcGIS, Lego, WRA, DIMS, diatomite,
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||125 - 150k, 4 weeks vacation, 9/80 work schedule, 401k matching
||Los Angeles, CA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reservoir Engineer Position located in Bakersfield, CA Reservoir Engineer needed to help light oil recovery process team has a primary responsibility of managing the California Diatomite reservoirs. The objective is to maximize economic oil and gas recovery from the Diatomite and other light oil reservoirs by analyzing geological, production, injection, and reservoir data to gain in-depth understanding of reservoir performance. Our goal is to continually improve our understanding of the linkage between voidage, subsidence, well failures, and ultimate recovery. We strive to improve and optimize our waterflood injection strategy, reservoir depletion strategy, and disposition of produced water. Light Oil team's activities include developing geologic work products characterizing the light oil reservoirs and performing reservoir studies and flood reviews to optimize reservoir performance. Additional activities include planning development projects, production forecasting, economic evaluations, reserve estimation and reporting, and providing project implementation support. Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform flood reviews to optimize areal and vertical sweep efficiency
- Develop and maintain Subsidence and voidage management strategies
- Coordinate surveillance and monitoring strategy with production monitoring group
- Coordinate with Development group to insure that new producer and injector drilling is aligned with the reservoir and subsidence management strategies
- Lead role in estimating reserves, planning future projects and forecasting base production.
- Coordinate with Facilities Engineering, Operations and Belridge Strategy to ensure infrastructure is in place or planned in order to meet short- and long-term depletion strategies
- Develop and improve the production and injection forecast for the area of responsibility
- Participate in technical peer reviews for new development opportunities and the implementation of new Diatomite recovery processes Critical Skills/Knowledge:
- Experience in light oil reservoir engineering practices using analytical, empirical (analogue), and numerical (reservoir simulation) methods.
- Proficient at well and reservoir performance evaluation.
- Familiar with using ArcGIS, Lego, WRA, DIMS etc.
- Proficient with economic evaluation, statistical analyses, and decision tools (e.g., decision trees and monte-carlo simulation)
- Ability to evaluate risks and make decisions with limited data.
- Familiarity with and interest in continuous improvement, business process improvement, and lean concepts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player able to effectively work inter-dependently.
Experience/Business Accomplishments Required for this Position:
- B.S. or higher degree in Engineering, preferably, Petroleum Engineering
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available