Gulf Interstate Engineering
Updated: Nov 26 2012
||Pipeline Engineering, Onshore pipeline, HDD
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
As the Chief Engineer, you will report directly to the Manager of Engineering in maintaining corporate engineering standards for the pipeline group. The standards include data sheets, material and equipment specifications, standard drawings and details, or other design criteria that may be established. In addition, other essential functions include:
- Performing periodic design checks of work performed by the pipeline engineering group.
- Performing design work as time is available. Depending on workload requirements, the Chief Engineer may work on selected projects or may perform certain design functions. While performing work under this category, the Chief Engineer reports to the Project Manager or his designee.
- Assisting in staffing by interviewing applicants and making hiring recommendations to the Manager of Engineering. The Chief Engineer may also counsel an employee on unsatisfactory performance.
- Attending sales meetings or making presentations from time to time. May also be required to assist with proposal preparation and provide recommendations of personnel for a proposed project.
- Assisting the Manager of Engineering in maintaining current performance evaluations for personnel within his/her discipline.
- Making recommendations to the Manager of Engineering and the Project Manager for specific personnel to staff a project.
- Seeking ways to improve the technical competence of the Company, including encouraging professional registrations, recommending and attending technical seminars, publishing articles, organizing training sessions, updating procedures, and other similar activities.
- 15 - 20 years of experience in engineering discipline including:
- engineering design experience of onshore oil and gas pipelines (domestic or international) including route selection
- river and water body crossings
- hydraulic calculations and modeling experience utilizing both transient and steady state modeling techniques
- pipe stress analysis and hydrotest requirements
- operational experience with compressors and pipeline systems and HDD experience a plus.
- Successful supervisory experience and proven ability to provide leadership to large groups.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer by exam preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Graduate engineering degree preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available