Mentor IMC Group
Updated: Nov 28 2012
||Civil Engineering, Marine Engineering, Structural Engineering, Structural, Deck, Modular, Modules, Top-sides, Structures, Floating, Facilities, Offshore, GOM, Gulf of Mexico
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
STRUCTURAL TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, SENIOR required by our Client, an International Oil & Gas Operator, to be based in Houston, USA.
- May be assigned as a Task Manager, Production Unit Leader, Lead Discipline Engineer, Engineering Manager, Proposal Manager, Senior Consultant or similar title on large complex projects. In this role, defines customer problem, achieves customer alignment, develops proposals and scope documents, prepares project/task plan, develops production methods, directs production work, provides technical direction and provides feedback to management on work status and performance.
- Performs independent audits on technical work. Implements corrective action to enhance performance.
- Supervises or mentors one or more subordinates and provides input regarding performance. Interviews new engineering candidates. Assignments may be in corporate offices or at customer facilities.
- Participates in proposal activities, including coordinating all engineering activities on proposals.
- Responsible for technical design reviews and root cause analysis.
- Coordinates engineering for proposals, including development of performance guarantees and front-end studies.
- BS, MS or PhD in related field or applicable discipline, typically an engineering degree; or equivalent experience if allowed by law. Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures.
- Recognized as a functional expert and thought leader within the department and broader organization. Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions. Contributes to strategic program development. Proficient with engineering software applications;
- Generally characterized as a "Leader" or "Technical Specialist" with the ability to technically advise and guide the department program design and development. Leads complex and often cross-functional project teams.
- Computer proficiency required; Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important. The ability to prepare and present complex program proposals and reports to senior level management and customers is critical. Ability to establish project estimates and oversight of project budgets. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees.
- General attributes required of all Client employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential. Ability to maintain confidential information critical.
- Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
- Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments.
- Willingness to engage in professional associations.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural engineering. PE is preferable with 20 to 30 years of offshore industry experience. Should be well versed with AISC, APR RP2A (WSD) & ISO Codes, SACS software and other processes applicable to offshore structural designs. Experience with other International design codes & guidelines is a plus.
Must have previous experience in the engineering of decks & modular units for offshore oil & gas platforms, including the design and analysis of topsides, appurtenances and related secondary structures, for the full range of load conditions to which they may be subjected. Familiarity and experience of working in a team environment, in a lead role is essential.
Willing to play a major role in the Brownfield & Greenfield structural engineering of large modules/topsides for floating offshore oil & gas facilities in the Gulf of Mexico. Work includes development of all associated engineering documents. Should be able to take a hands-on role in the design and analysis of floating structures as well as provide supervision/guidance to junior engineers and designers. Knowledgeable about offshore engineering/fabrication/installation practices and trends.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE CURRENT AUTHORISATION TO WORK WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP IN THE USA
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available