NES Global Talent
Updated: Jan 7 2013
||Geologist, Logging, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Earth Sciences
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX or Louisiana, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Entry-Level roles for Mud Loggers in 2013.
Great entry level role exists with a top-tier Oil Field Services organization. Begin your career in Oil and Gas as a Mud Logger.
The Mud Logging segment of this industry leader focusses on drilling support & formation evaluation. Mud Logging provides decision ready information about well status & is helping to drill better wells more efficiently. Timely and more accurate information on reservoir fluid composition and lithology is detecting pay zones that would otherwise be missed, assisting well placement, revealing reservoir connectivity and compartmentalization, and guiding critical decisions.
The Trainee Field Specialist, also called mud logger, logs the rock types from the drilled cuttings at the well site, monitors the well parameters; maintains sensors and gas equipment.; supports the Field Engineer/Specialist assigned to the well site.
The primary objective of the Trainee Field Specialist is to assist in the efficient acquisition of well data during well site operation.
Mud Logging Field Specialist: Entry Level
- Working in well site units, collecting, processing, logging & analyzing geological samples.
- Evaluate detailed and complex data for signs of oil or gas using various laboratory techniques.
- Interpret drilling information & feed this back to the drilling team to enhance safety and success.
- Operating & maintaining a real-time computer-based data acquisition system.
- Taking on primary health & safety role for the well through constant monitoring of all critical drilling parameters.
- Undertaking some on site equipment maintenance and repair.
- Predicting dangerous situations, such as over-pressured formations.
- Reporting back to the client with detailed reports.
- 3-4 weeks at well site offshore (could be 1 week, could be 4 weeks depending on the needs at the well).
- On call when home... could possibly be called out a day later, week later, two weeks later, etc...always good practice to check in with the manager see what the job forecast is.
Personnel Profiles for Field Specialists:
- The best fit will have a BS of Geology or Earth Sciences. Candidates having graduated a Technical School such as UTI, ITT etc... may also qualify.
- Good Communicator.
- Excel in a close Multi Cultural Team Environment.
- Good Computer Skills.
- Working in Teams of up to 3-9 people.
- Open to being away from home for weeks at a time.
- Base Salary.
- Full Day Rate (Bonus) when on Job.
- Merit based promotions with on-going training.
Locations and Relocation:
- Desired Location is Houston, TX.
- Candidates living in Louisiana can elect not to relocate.
- Relocation packages exists for candidates needing to relocate to Houston.
All new hires will receive initial job training as well as on-going training in the field. No Mud Logging experience needed.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. They must be able to pass Motor Vehicle Background Check, Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen and Physical.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available