Updated: Dec 20 2012
||Petroleum Engineering, Workover or Completion
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Pittsburgh, PA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
MUST BE US CITIZEN CONSIDERED
- Design fracs in different areas/formations using software models. Perform NPV and feasibility analyses on different design proposals to identify preferred completion design. Present and defend proposals to management;
- Coordinate, remotely supervise, and report results from flowback operations;
- Identify opportunities to test new completions designs and techniques. Gather cost proposals, build and defend a case to try new designs or techniques. Implement and monitor production results and actual costs from new designs or techniques. Present results, including production results and incremental economics;
- Remotely monitor frac jobs. Occasionally perform site visits to monitor job, identify potential QC issues, and build relationships with frac crews / supervisors;
- Advise field supervisor on how to proceed when completion job encounters issues (unable to initiate, screen-out, equipment issues, etc.). Ensure quality of cement bond logs. Coordinate microseismic jobs. Prepare perforation / frac procedures; and
- Manage data for environmental/regulatory reporting.
- Required skills of a Completions Engineer I/II/III include:
- Basic understanding of reservoir and completion engineering fundamentals.
- Effective team player able to effectively communicate different design proposals and new testing ideas to management.
- Ability to deal with wide range of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Above average interpersonal skills.
- Pittsburgh-based position, but must have the ability to travel to the field as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemical or petroleum preferred
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available