Updated: Nov 13 2012
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Advanced technical specialist in Structural Geology and Rock Mechanics. Possesses advanced knowledge in professional/technical discipline. Leads and/or conducts complex geological studies using advanced concepts. Is recognized as a technical expert by the company and externally as a 'guru' in Structural Geology and Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics as they relate to all aspects of Exploration and Production and particularly fracturing. Mentors and coaches others within Noble's Houston and Denver Subsurface Staff. Actively participates in Peer Reviews.
Responsible for conducting and coordinating within multidisciplinary Teams, integrating complex geological and geophysical data/interpretations to add value to opportunity evaluations. Communicates with all interested parties; however at the same time is capable of self-direction. Prepares maps, cross-sections and other analyses for prospect generation and development. Provides technical assessment of drilling prospects to reduce risk for the company.
Serves as Noble's expert in the areas of Structural Geology, Rock Mechanics, and fracture prediction.
- Interprets and integrates well, seismic, microseismic and other subsurface data with all other aspects of regional-,prospect-, and development-level geology.
- Contributes to evaluations that determine prospectivity and subsequent economic robustness of both Exploration and Development opportunities, and helps define appropriate recommendations for company investment
- Provides technical guidance, advice, and assistance to others in company - across all Denver Business Unit boundaries.
- Working in a centralized pool of top-level specialists, serves as a company-wide resource and develops working relationships with the Division G&G Teams.
- As a Structural Geology and Rock Mechanics 'Guru', represents the company at industry forums, consortiums, and other activities; captures knowledge from those external vehicles and internalizes them within the Noble Geoscience community.
- Provides introductory training to new personnel as required
- Master'sDegree and eight plus years of experience in exploration and/or development geology;
- Technical specialist possessing advanced skills in Structural Geology and Rock Mechanics as well as the interplay of tectonics, structure, sedimentary infill, and mechanical facies. Advanced understanding of the controls that all of the above exert on the development of fractured reservoirs and of working hydrocarbon systems.
- Working Knowledge of Pore Pressure and its effect on Rock Mechanics, faulting and fracturing.
- Prefer specific experience in salt-influenced structures and Fold-Thrust Belts, including restoration, balancing sections, and forward modeling.
- Working knowledge of matrix-scale controls of storage capacity and producibility of methane-bearing shales and/or coals
- Able to provide significant contribution to risk and resource assessment of both conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
- Strong passion for pursuing technical excellence while at the same time pursuing economically justifiable oil and gas ventures in a rapid-paced business environment.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard software for structural restoration and for fault-seal analysis used in the interpretation and evaluation of subsurface data in structural geology and basin evaluation.
- Previous experience with (or desire to learn to use) ELFEN in subsurface models of fracture propagation a strong plus
- Experience in seismic interpretation and workstation use.
- Ability to mentor and coach less experienced geoscientists.
- "Client Focus" for collaborating with Business Units in designing and completing projects in support of their pursuit of Plays, Prospects, and Development programs. When "imbedded" in or seconded to a Business Unit team for the duration of a project, interdisciplinary teamwork skills are critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Responsible for the interpretation, evaluation and recommendation of exploratory and/or development acreage on which the company will be given the opportunity to bid upon or drill.
Normal office environment
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available