Updated: Jun 25 2013
||Drilling Engineering, International Drilling
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Technical specialist. Possesses advanced knowledge in professional/technical discipline. Leads and/or conducts complex engineering studies using advanced concepts. Is recognized as a technical expert in his/her Division or group. Supervises and coordinates the activities of drilling engineers/and or functions as a technical expert performing engineering assignments. Responsible for risk assessments and operational decisions which impact individual projects. Responsible for developing equipment modernization/modification recommendations.
- Coordinates and supervises complex engineering studies
- Reviews and approves well plans for drilling, completion, workover, and well intervention operations
- Maintains drilling bookkeeping records for determining standards, goals, training and regulatory compliance
- Negotiates contractor services
- Reviews and approves invoices
- Responsible for maintaining required safety training and compliance
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to others in discipline
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related discipline and a minimum of ten years experience in drilling, completion, and workover engineering activities
- Knowledge of all field operations, rig selection, equipment selection and personnel requirements
- Proficient in drilling, completion, and workover engineering design
- Ability to organize, prioritize and make decisions under time restrictions
- Decision-Making Authority/Knowledge
- Responsible for the supervision of all phases of drilling, completion, and workover operations.
Normal office environment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available