The Area Manager reports to the Regional Vice President Operations. The Area manager will be responsible for overseeing of Regional maintenance/turnarounds/Capital projects execution and governance in line with Transfield Services R&E processes, such that key budget, operational, safety and client requirements are met and exceeded. To be accountable at the P&L level for the delivery of the regions budgets/forecasts, to meet business growth and performance targets.
The Area manager will also be expected to manage and grow the business, while maintaining operational performance, financial margins, and client relationships, amongst Downstream Oil & Gas/Chemical customers currently and ultimately across new sectors such as mining, power, wind farms, and upstream oil & gas. This successful candidate will provide leadership to its regional teams, providing clear expectations/accountability, provide the climate for success, and build capability amongst own team. Be a role model in terms of leadership and to build strong support/ relationships with all levels of client leadership. He or she will also identify and develop new business opportunities. Finally, he or she is to ensure that resources have the requisite technical & commercial skills needed for their roles, and build succession pipeline for all key roles.
- Drives the company values and ensures the values are incorporated into the development, field management and performance and accountability of the team.
- Direct accountability for sustainable regional operations including client relationships, HSE, Quality, Cost, Resources and Financials.
- Provides assistance to all support site staff/project managers for specialist advice and performance issues related to maintenance/shutdown/turnaround activities as required.
- Identify key resource requirements and engage with regional manager and HR to establish succession & workforce planning for key execution roles to be signed off by Regional VP of Operations.
- Continually identifies industry trends and developments, incorporating new or better techniques or technologies into own operational area, and ensure that this knowledge is shared with others across R&E maintenance divisions. Drives a continuous improvement and best practice culture across the Operations Group.
- To be fully engaged and help drive BD activities for opportunities and new growth targets, as well holding contract managers to drive leverage work from existing clients.
- Ensures appropriate process are in place for verification that Transfield Services processes and risk philosophy is being applied to Maintenance, Turnarounds and Projects activities across the region, including overseeing maintenance of an annual schedule of audits and reviews.
- Provide coaching and mentoring within the development and operational teams to build robust succession planning.
The Area Manager is accountable for directing and coordinating the R&E maintenance business in delivering all key performance areas relating to the successful planning, preparation and execution of all regional contracts. The role is also accountable for delivering best-practices; ensure value-add to our clients, and that all contracts evolve with continuous improvement and clear accountability. Performance will be assessed against the targets set by the regional VP Operations. Results will be reviewed as part of the staff performance appraisal.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports directly to the Regional VP of Operations
- Contract Managers within California Operations
- Transfield Services R & E Specialty services Vice President and Operational Managers
- Vice President - Human Resources (TS R& E)
- Regional Recruitment Coordinators
- Appropriate senior Client Representatives
- The incumbent has the authority to take any reasonable action which is consistent with the responsibilities of the position subject to any limitations set by the regionalVP of Operations- Transfield Services Americas or those outlined in Transfield Services' R&E Policies, Procedures or guidelines.
- The incumbent has commercial and financial authority as per Transfield Services R&E Authority Matrix.
Bachelor's degree in project management or business preferred
- Strong financial skills, people skills, and demonstrable knowledge of OSHA legislation & duty of care.
- Essential to have an understanding of business development and the interplay between contracts, operations and commercial outcomes
- Demonstrable existing in establishing new and building Client Relationships at all levels
Risk, Health, Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Comply with Transfield Services Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- Promote & champion 'Our Way' HSE culture.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities in processes or systems.
- Identify, initiate, recommend and assist in the issue resolution process.
- Verify and confirm the effective implementation of said solutions.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available