Updated: Nov 20 2012
||Marine Engineering, Structural Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Topsides, Offshroe, SUbsea, Marine
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Subsea Engineer provides technical guidance on project design, delivery, commissioning, startup, and operations of Topsides and Subsea Equipment and influence decisions related to safety, operability, maintenance, and preservation of assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all project engineering, construction, and risk assessments, including HAZOPs, Operability Reviews, etc.
- Ensure risks register items with operational mitigations are tracked and closed prior to handover and integration of equipment into existing response assets.
- Provide input into the development of technical documentation, drawings, diagrams, schematics, etc. Coordinate with Training and Documentation lead to ensure documents are in compliance with standards and are posted to the Document Management System (DMS). Coordinate with operations teams to support development of O&M procedures.
- Work with project team to develop specific requirements for long term ongoing maintenance.
- Support technical input and review of contractual services and longterm support needed for the expanded system.
- Participate as required in Incident Management Team (IMT) support and training. Fill a role on the Incident Management Team (IMT) and participate in all IMT training and drills.
- Coordinate relevant subdiscipline analysis and management of processes handed over from project design teams (hydrates, multiphase flow, production chemistry, materials/corrosion).
- Implement the process and flow assurance strategy during events and drills (subsurface, fluid sampling, subsea systems, topsides, operations).
- Implement standardized work processes, guidelines and Quality Assurance procedures.
- MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science
- Deep technical experience with a minimum of 8+ years experience in Facilities/Subsea/deepwater project and operations experience.
- Knowledge of Mechanical, processing, and subsea equipment.
- Experience and working knowledge of industry standards and guidelines for operating topsides and subsea facilities associated with (FPSO's)
- Prior expereince in Pre Operations team on a major capital project. Experienced in managing equipment handover, technical maintenance requirements and systems, and startup operations.
- Understanding of GoM regulatory environment.
- Critical skills include contractor personnel management, budget and resource development and tracking, operational readiness process application, and demonstrated success managing both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fastmoving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available