Wild Well Control, a Superior Energy Services Company, is the world's leading provider of firefighting, well control engineering and training services. In addition to resolving well control and pressure control problems, Wild Well Control's Engineering group provides well control support, well modeling, contingency planning, relief well designing and risk management planning for well control. The specialized Marine Engineering Group provides computer modeling for offshore structures and floating assets, damage and stability analysis, as well as platform recovery. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
Wild Well Control is currently looking for a Subsea Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX.
The Subsea Engineer is the subject matter expert for all matters pertaining to subsea field development and life of field services. The Subsea Engineer must have a proven background in installation, commissioning, intervention and abandonment for subsea wells, completions, trees, control systems, jumpers, manifolds and flowlines. The Subsea Engineer is responsible for all matters pertaining to design and certification of subsea intervention systems. This includes developing specifications to procure new equipment, reviewing supplier proposals for fit and function and verifying compliance with client requirements. The Subsea Engineer is responsible for the assembly and testing of full documentation packages for new systems. This person will provide technical support for field and shop operations and analyze systems failures for root cause.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the operation, safety and performance of each intervention system
- Recommend purchases to improve performance and capabilities while overseeing implementation
- Optimize form and fit of equipment to suit customer requirements for each job
- Develop practical maintenance procedures for well bore assets
- Assist in training Subsea shop and operator personnel on the subsea systems
- Work with Shop Manager to develop procedures specific to the Subsea shop base operation
- Develop controls spares inventory list for shop and field locations
- Interact with Subsea Division, Operations and Shop Managers to address equipment capabilities, modifications, repairs and improvements for processes and procedures
- Technical evaluation and recommendations on failure analysis, testing and documentation
- Assess new subsea equipment and technology
- Identify and recommend opportunities for implementation
- Assist Operations Manager with developing budgets and expenses for subsea equipment
- Identify opportunities to generate/improve financial performance in subsea operations
- Minimum 10 years' experience with strong subsea oilfield experience
- Recent drilling or completions experience required, 3 years' plus preferred
- At least 3 years' design experience required
- Recent subsea intervention experience preferred
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available