Updated: Nov 15 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Package responsible engineer for off vessel mooring components, specifically polyester mooring lines, subsea connectors, H
Links and other mooring components, responsible for:
- Coordination with engineers and other project team
- Oversight of vendor's execution and delivery
- Manage interfaces within project related to component delivery
- Ensure compliance with project requirements and meet project objectives.
- Develop or review execution plans
Mooring Systems experience & Engineering Degree
This role is a long term assignment up to three years. All work to be completed in Houston. Below is a generic job description for a project engineer in GoM.
The Project Engineer will supervise contractors' execution of engineering design, equipment fabrication and testing and module fabrication. The incumbent will manage design changes and ensure technical issues are resolved and the facility is in compliance with all statutory requirements and stake holder aspirations. The position holder will lead HSE performance and ensure the company is not jeopardized in any aspect of the project execution.
- Assist in monitoring and driving project progress, co-develop and shape the project strategy to improve project economics, schedule, safety and quality
- Support the preparation and implementation of effective project execution plans and procedures
- Monitor and supervise day to day contractor activities and identify and implement corrective action as appropriate
- Manage the interfaces between key stakeholders, including engineering firms, the asset, local community, contractors, suppliers and government agencies
- Assist in the performance of all project assurance activities
- Monitor and supervise the preparation, review and approval of engineering, fabrication and construction deliverables to ensure comments from key stakeholders are incorporated appropriately
- Monitor and supervise the preparation, review and approval of procurement procedures, approved vendor lists, Purchase Requisitions and Invitations to Tender
- Represent the company in tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement to ensure all activities are in accordance with the company's Code of Conduct
- Monitor and expedite equipment and materials fabrication, inspection, supply and delivery to the Module Fabrication Shop and Construction Site to ensure technical, quality, cost and schedule issues are properly resolved
- Support Design Office activities to ensure module and site constructability issues are proactively addressed and incorporated into the design and execution strategy
- Ensure Contractors develop quality assurance/quality control strategies and Inspection and Test Plans are appropriate to the technology/equipment and ensure effective implementation at the Fabrication Yards or Construction Site to provide client technical endorsement where necessary
- Monitor and expedite module fabrication, inspection, supply and delivery to the Construction Site, ensuring technical, quality, cost and schedule issues are properly resolved
- Monitor and expedite site construction ensuring technical, quality, cost and schedule issues are properly resolved
- Support the Client Completions Team ensuring punch listing and pre-commissioning activities are carried out effectively and Handover documentation delivered as needed.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available