Updated: Nov 9 2012
||Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
||Bakersfield, CA, US
||Req ID 8300
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position: IM005: Lead Document Controller
Closing Date: 11/26/2012
Business Unit: SJVBU
City: Bakersfield, CA
Project: Westside Produced Water Program
Position Start Date: 12/17/2012
Position End Date: 12/31/2014
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Visa Required?: No
Procedures and Documentation
- Implement and continue to refine the current Document Control work processes. - Interface with project Business Manager, Project Team, and Project Manager to identify process improvements.
- Create clear and concise procedures, processes, and work instructions for internal users, contractors, vendors and internal document control staff. Edit or develop new processes as required.
- Gain approval from project management on new processes, and then roll out new processes to users and document control staff. Conduct training if required.
- Provide continual coaching to ensure users and document controllers fully understand the document control processes and expectations.
- Ensure Document Control tools adequately support: o team access to documents o tracking of documents that require review or response o security to view or edit based on project roles o capturing of metadata required during the project and at project turnover to operations
- Engage Company resources such as the Major Capital Projects Information Management group for help and to ensure alignment Document Control Leadership
- Lead a team of two or more document controllers
- Lead resolution of all document control problems, issues and ideas for improvement
- Function as a single point of contact for the Chevron project team with contractors' and vendors' document control staff
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the project team by seeking to understand their needs, properly setting expectations, and consistently meeting commitments
- Proactively capture and share key learnings and best practices
- Ensure compliance with Chevron policies, guidelines, and standards regarding Information Management. Document Control Functions
- Perform Quality Assurance on incoming Transmittals, RFIs and Memos, against project Information Management requirements
- Complete log of incoming and outgoing documents
- Process incoming and outgoing Transmittals through Share Point and Coreworx
- Route documents to reviewers in eRoom and Coreworx
- Receive documents from reviewers, perform QA, and create Transmittals back to Vendors
- Receive and send RFIs as directed by project team members
Education: Associate degree or equivalent
- 5 years minimum (10 years desired) experience in computer-based document control for major capital projects (project value $100,000,000 or more)
- Minimum 3 years supervising document control staff preferably within a major capital project
- Experience working with engineering and construction project document types (data sheets, drawings, technical specifications, etc.)
- Superior computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- SharePoint and/or eRoom experience desirable
- Must be able to handle multiple-projects at a time and work in a fast paced environment. Self motivation and pro-activity are required.
- Must have good attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Knowledge and competencies of all phases of Major Capital Projects including, FEED, Design, and Construction and strong knowledge of handover to Operations.
- Ability to apply knowledge in DC in a wide variety of contexts most of which are complex and non-routine.
Preferred Skills: Coreworx eRoom Share Point Excel
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available