To apply for this position on-line, go to http://www.kbr.com/Careers, click on Americas. At bottom of page, click on Americas Opportunities. Go to advanced search and enter job number 1017919
GRANHERNE COMPANY INFORMATION
Granherne, a subsidiary of KBR is a multi-disciplinary deepwater systems engineering organization with marine, riser, structural, subsea, pipeline, process and flow assurance capabilities. With experience on thousands of projects in more than 20 countries, Granherne is a leading front-end engineering consultancy for onshore, offshore, deepwater and Arctic oil and gas development that can take you where you want to go - both personally and professionally.
As a Drilling Rig Project Lead for Granherne you will manage the technical team comprised of operator, Granherne, and third party consultants. You will need to have strong knowledge of drilling systems and equipment to immediately take a management role in a project and ultimately become one of our key personnel at Granherne. We will look to you to promote execution of the program under the operator, and HS&E guidelines. You will liaison with operator technical staff and advisors, and with the operator management team. You will assist in acquiring the necessary technical resources and staff required on the project. You will be responsible for ensuring proper technical systems, processes, and procedures are applied across the technical disciplines, sub-projects, and technology development efforts to facilitate system level design, inherently safe design, and highly reliable design. Other duties will require you to assess and manage progress and adjust the technical study plan, as necessary. You will also need to manage the technical program schedule, develop man hour budgets for technical work scopes, and coordinate technical work with operational and business functions across the program. We will look for you to identify high level issues and mange the issue resolution process
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Engineering or directly related discipline required
• Minimum 10 years of oil & gas industry background, with average of 15+ years experience
• Must have 5+ yrs engineering project management experience
• Must have significant experience in design of DEEPWATER drilling rigs and drilling systems
• Some knowledge of drilling operations required
• Experience with High Pressure / High Temperature Equipment is preferred, but not required
• Typical background includes work experience with a major offshore drilling contractor, engineering company specializing in design of deepwater mobile offshore drilling units or a major drilling equipment manufacturer.
• Must be self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team is essential
Location - assignment located at 1080 Eldridge Parkway Houston, TX 77077
KBR/Granherne offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, and flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.