Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Nov 13 2012
||Process Engineer, Lean Six Sigma
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Mobile, AL, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PRINCIPAL PROCESS ENGINEER (Black Belt)
Location: Theodore, AL (Outside of Mobile, AL)
Service Unit: PT&E
Client is one of the leading specialty chemical companies in North America with about 4000 employees. The company has 57 locations in North America -- 33 manufacturing sites and 24 offices / labs / warehouses / distribution centers. Of the corporation's 33 manufacturing sites, 28 are in the United States.
Client is an international industrial group with a workforce of over 43,000 and activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Client demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive and competitive flexible benefits program, including pension, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
This position is responsible for providing, organizing and coordinating technical support regarding process improvement for both existing production processes as well as all newly initiated projects. Special attention is required to identify and coordinate the support of various departments within organization. The incumbent is also constantly challenged to identify weak points in business and technical processes and in creating technical solutions and improvements for these weak points.
1. Provides and implements Lean/Six Sigma driven projects to reduce investment and production costs and assure necessary quality targets and safety demands.
2. Provides and maintains technical assistance to defined production processes (e.g. increase of a plant's availability, reduction of investment and production costs, debottlenecking, quality improvement, etc.)
3. Finds and recommends actions in all the business units targeting cost reduction, quality increase, production availability, etc.
4. Recognized as the Lean Six Sigma authority in the Process Technology group.
5. Creates and defines DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) strategies for future development in cooperation with production, research and development, applied technology and the Manager Process Analysis / Manager Process Design.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work independently while effectively communicating results of his activities to the Manager Process Analysis / Manager of Process Design.
- The incumbent must possess a BS, and/or MS in Engineering or a technical field and demonstrated capabilities in Lean/Six Sigma process improvement with a minimum of 3+ years experience in process technology. Six Sigma certification required (ten plus years in Six Sigma).
- Can build and maintain a strong relationship with the business leadership team. Become established as a recognized expert utilizing a continuous improvement skill set.
- Motivate and direct cross-functional teams to achieve desired results through skillful application of the Lean/Six Sigma methodology.
- Conducts Six Sigma training and education following the Black Belt training process.
- Detailed knowledge of advanced engineering computer tools including Minitab is essential.
- Being agreeable to the relocation to a foreign location for a restricted period of time is beneficial, but not essential.
- The incumbent should have proven human relation skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Extensive travel of approximately 80%
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN THE MOBILE, AL FACILITY AND IS ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION ASSISTANCE ACCORDING TO THE COMPANY RELOCATION POLICY
ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available