Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Dec 3 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Primavera, TWIC, Turnaround
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Geismar, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is intended to provide large Turnaround (TAR) and capital projects planning & scheduling expertise as a member of the TAR or project team. The primary objective of this position is to lead the planning and scheduling activities, by functioning as the working lead planner and the working lead scheduler for the TAR or project. The position is expected to improve overall TAR and capital project preparation efforts by bringing a standardized approach to the planning & scheduling activities which utilizes best practices and common/standardized tools. In doing so, future TAR's and capital projects will be more effectively executed, reducing cost and schedule duration.
- Implement and oversee a harmonized planning process to be used by technical disciplines on a planning team for both TAR and capital project activities.
- This will help ensure a standardized planning approach with-in the team.
- Perform capital projects planning and scheduling to help create a basis for systematic coordination and tracking during all phases of the project.
- Work with the TAR Tools Expert to train all Planners on planning procedures, methodology, tools, and best practices. This will help increase the quality of the TAR plans.
- Train all Schedulers on methodology and oversee the scheduling process to drive consistency.
- Review completed TAR plans for accuracy and completeness and ensure Operations and the Execution Teams needs are met. Ensure there are no significant timing or space conflicts. This will help ensure the quality of the TAR plans.
- Work with the TAR Tools Expert to transfer legacy planning data into the designated TAR planning tool. This will reduce the man-hours and cost required to duplicate existing plans for repeat jobs.
- Develop and maintain a detailed and optimized TAR execution schedule that links dependent activities and shows an accurate and integrated timeline for the scope of work (capital executed during the TAR, operations activities, and maintenance).
- Perform job manpower leveling in order to identify and optimize labor resource requirements.
- Update schedule and report progress during the TAR on a routine basis.
- Generate predefined look-ahead schedules and ad hoc reports on an as needed basis.
- Track and report on critical path activities in order to help the TAR execution team to determine proper prioritization of work.
- Integrate project scope changes and/or TAR discovery work into the schedule to help determine manpower and schedule duration impacts.
- Participate and provide input in post TAR critique/lessons learned meetings. This will improve the quality of planning and scheduling for future TAR's and helps avoid repeating mistakes.
- Update or oversee the updating of plans post TAR to capture plan deviations vs. actual execution. This will improve the accuracy of planning for future TAR's.
- Minimum 10+ years or Associate's Degree and 8+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with Primavera is required. Use of Primavera version 6 software highly desirable.
- Experience planning and scheduling in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment
- In depth knowledge of maintenance work execution for all types of crafts typically used in such facilities is required with a basic cross discipline mechanical, civil, instrumentation, and electrical, knowledge; with a core expertise in at least one of these areas
- Strong communication skills and strong Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP desired
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Homeland Security.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available