The Manager, Field Engineering (Project Manager) is responsible for managing projects to accomplish stated Company objectives. Individual will use project management expertise to manage and control multiple projects within scope, budget, and schedule. Uses project management skills to effectively influence direction and implementation of projects focused on accomplishing organizational objectives.
Accountable person on project teams in implementing the standard build process including evaluation of alternatives, scoping/cost forecasting, project plan development, design, construction, commissioning and project completion, as appropriate. Demonstrates effective use of standardized tools and processes while working to improve standardized approaches within organization. Regularly looks beyond individual projects to identify and implement broad-based program level approaches to work.
- Manages project team efforts to determine scope of work and takes lead in securing necessary funding. Effectively manages and reports in a timely manner changes in customer expectations, scope, company risk, time line and/or project budgets.
- Leads/develops project teams (internal and external Alliance Partners and contract personnel) in conjunction with other internal processes. Demonstrates the ability to influence individuals to accomplish objectives without direct reporting relationships.
- Maintain a high level of focus on health, safety and environment. Ensuring safety within all project work.
- Accountable for accomplishing the project objectives within budget and on schedule.
- Prepares and manages project schedules, incorporating and analyzing input from the project team, including permitting, design, land acquisition, gas control, operations, material acquisition, contractual obligations, etc. Proven track record of managing critical path issues to successful project completion.
- Ability to accurately forecast and secure both company and contractor resources. Balances level of resources required with cost effective completion of projects. Strong negotiation skills.
- Responsible person for assuring effective communication regarding project progress and significant issues with project sponsor, Operations, Gas Control, and program management personnel. Effectively manages customer's expectations.
- Proactively identifies and addresses safety issues as they arise throughout a project from scoping to commissioning.
- Manages, coordinates, and monitors work progress of individual team resources. Adjusts schedules/workloads/resource requirements as needed to accomplish objectives while meeting overriding company requirements (such as gas flow).
- Works with individual project teams and overall program planning efforts to determine best use of contractor resources. In conjunction with others, manages individual project and program wide contractor performance issues.
- Conducts post-construction analysis of completed projects. Shares information with department as appropriate to improve overall department performance.
- Complies with all regulatory guidelines and company policies and procedures. Assures appropriate documents have been secured and retained in a timely fashion to manage company risk.
- Demonstrated ability in using project management skills to implement projects to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Ability to serve as mentor/coach in developing project lead skills in others.
- May lead program level initiatives or company strategic focused initiatives.
- Knowledge of the economic implications of project decisions.
- Manages the team in the development of FERC filings and certificate acceptance.
- Insures the project teams provide the appropriate final project documentation.
- Represents the Company at external functions relating to projects.
Employees are responsible for understanding and following all laws and regulations applicable to their job responsibilities.
- B.S. in Engineering, Project Management or other technical field is preferred; Project Management certification is highly valued.
- 8-10 years experience in project management on projects involving coordination of multiple activities; must have demonstrated ability to serve as an effective leader.
- Excellent analytical and communication (written, verbal, presentation and electronic) skills; able to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively, often times communicating changes, complex issues and new ideas.
- Ability to work well with all levels of Company and contract personnel to facilitate the accomplishment of project work. Must be able to process information and make decisions under stress.
- Requires the ability to read and understand technical documents including legal contracts and information on new management concepts and new technology. College-level mathematics is preferred; must be able to read and understand civil, electrical, and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, procedures, policies, and regulations desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere; moderate to high levels of stress should be expected.
- Able to recognize and evaluate risks, hazards, losses and prevent conflicts between activities.
- Applicable gas industry experience needed (working knowledge of applicable codes, procedures, policies, federal regulatory knowledge, state regulatory knowledge, and natural gas market knowledge).
- Requires the ability to read and understand technical documents including legal contracts and information on new management concepts and new technology.
- Must exhibit the Values: Safety, Trust, Accountability, Relentless Pursuit of Improvement and Teamwork.
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Works 70% indoors, 30% outside of office. Typical office environment. Travel should be expected and could be at short notice. Hazards are those typical to construction sites and during travel. Sitting 80%, standing/walking/bending/lifting 20%. Overtime required. Motor vehicle check required. Overnight travel required, long duration possible.