Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Nov 13 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Primavara P6
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Belle Chasse, LA, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Planner/ Scheduler is responsible for developing all primary schedule and progress documentation, which enables the PMT (Project Management Team) to fully control progress, completion dates and deliverables for all phases of the Project, from FEL through execution and commissioning and startup.
The Planner/ Scheduler will be the primary source of critique and counsel to contractors scheduling and progressing work. The Planner/ Scheduler is expected to influence and control the quality and integrity of the contractors planning effort. The Planner/ Scheduler will also establish sound, informal working relationships with planning staff in primary contractor organizations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Consolidation of primary contractor schedules into the master networks; fully man-loaded such that histograms and progress 'S' Curves are generated for summary reporting against an agreed basis of weighting.
· Reviews schedules and coordinates integration of design and construction schedules
· Coordinates routine progress reporting
· Continual identification, reporting and iteration of scheduling inconsistencies and clashes.
· Monitors and reports progress and forecasts key milestone dates, based on project performance history. Flags any contractor's intention to re-baseline without the prior approval of Company.
· Maintains full project chronology of contractor planning revisions and progress problems (including cause / effect data), for use in agreeing contract change orders or defending spurious claims.
· Critiques progress/ payment summaries as submitted by contractors; verifies resourcing (planned vs. actual) headcounts and identifies progress deficiencies and productivity impairments, before they become critical.
· Assists in coordinating work schedules (shutdowns, turnarounds) with project schedule
· Maintains full understanding and awareness within the PMT, of the activities and relationships which make up the critical and near-critical path(s) to key milestones.
· Advises the PMT of opportunities to improve schedule flexibility; or minimize risk of slippage.
· Regularly advises any PMT member of opportunities / need to accelerate progress where warranted.
· Prepares any special schedules, progress reports for team activities
· Authors and distributes regular project progress reports which enable all PMT members to manage their in-house (and their contractors) deliverables. Reports include S Curves; level 1 / 2 bar charts and histograms as required. Narratives will be provided which highlight achievement / slippage of key milestones / changes to the Critical Path / significant float erosion.
· Has primary role in the management of change process. Assesses candidate scope change for material impact on schedule; monitors prolongation on contractors and so supports cost control/ management of change.
· Works closely with cost estimating / control function, to ensure fully integrated project control services to PMT.
· Degree qualified - engineering or finance discipline preferred.
· Primavera (P6) experience is required
· 10+ years experience in a Planning/Scheduling role for major capital projects in the $100M range
· Strong facilitation skills - ability to manage upwards and help secure understanding, ownership and commitment to activity timings, within key discipline leads.
· Able to exert influence on contractor staff in potentially adversarial circumstances.
· Strong technical competence in both planning software and all primary project disciplines.
· Some experience of and aptitude for working in a diverse cultural environment.
· Demonstrable interpersonal / teambuilding skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available