POC International Limited
Updated: Nov 8 2012
||$95,000 - $115,000
||Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
REPORTS TO: Roustabout Pusher
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-Sub, West Aquarius
ROTATION: 21/21, 28/28 (depending on crew)
POSITION: Permanent, Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the rig's cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane. Responsible for the first line maintenance of cranes and relevant lifting equipment. Also performs and directs lifting operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years experience as Crane Operator
- Previous experience on Semi-Sub, 6th Generation is preferred
- Certification: Sparrows Level 3 (must be valid)
- Other: Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check. Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Operate the rig's cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures that inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use
- Manage heavy or complex lifts according to company policy and procedure
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Ensure Company approved crane signals are utilized
- Transfer equipment to and from supply vessels and assist in maintaining accurate records of all deck cargo loaded and back loaded
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use as per lifting gear register
- Supervise correct rig operating procedures. Report all unsafe activities, situations and potential hazards to supervisor
- Function as primary or secondary Helicopter Landing Officer
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Plan and manage the handling of hazardous materials (chemicals, explosives, pollutants, radioactive sources, etc.) and ensure they are stowed in designated areas.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor.
- Carry out first line maintenance and on tour checks and document as required.
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained and decks are organized in assigned areas
- Direct or participate in all pre-job plans for critical deck operations.
- Provide Roustabouts with relevant instruction for current and future operations
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-Point check, OBS cards, PTW, etc)
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training program.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available