Updated: Nov 8 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||USA, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position will be deeply involved in materials management and materials control within BP's Gulf of Mexico (GoM) Region. The position will be significantly influential in implementing and sustaining materials management and control processes for offshore.
1. Support the integration of the Materials Common Process and the Materials Control Process (MCP) into the operations teams.
2. Provide guidance and assistance to all operations related to materials management, procurement and logistics issues, as well as challenging all existing practices.
3. Lead in the reconciliation of newly completed projects and establishment of equipment records. Ensure property records match financial recordings in SAP.
4. Lead in the creation and maintenance of SAP material records and ensure that material transfers are prepared for equipment movements, dispositions and abandonment's.
5. Lead the team in vendor site inventories ensuring visibility and challenge rationalization of surplus equipment with asset owners. Also act as FMC lead in the continued Specific Vendor Sites consolidation efforts
6. Jointly challenge, develop and document disposal strategies for the GoM Region, ensuring strict compliance in regards to BP's HSSE polices. Review and obtain concurrence from the deepwater asset teams and DWP's HSSE group.
7. Conduct bid sales for the disposal of scrap and excess material whenever deemed necessary, within DOA approval from the proper levels of management and obtain JV partner's approval when required.
8. Maintain effective communications with engineering, purchasing, and operations personnel to ensure focus on customer material requirements for projects if requested.
9. Coordinate usage of surplus material on new projects or for equipment replacement if needed.
10. Ensure compliance, with established audit control points, of COPAS, SOX , BP's Code of Conduct and joint operating agreements.
11. Work with the Tax Department for annual Ad Valorum inventories and valuations
12. Work with the SVS's on full utilization of the Matrax system, ensuring timely updates of material movements
13. Work with the Backbone team on integration of the materials management function within GoM and the integration of Matrax information into Backbone
To be considered for the role applicants must have:
1. College Degree or equivalent experience required
2. Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
3. Ability to travel domestically and internationally for at least 50% of the role
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision
5. Strong track record of delivery
6. Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
7. 10 to 15 years of first-hand experience in materials management, material control processes, and materials inventory
8. In-depth understanding of offshore E&P operations including drilling, operations, Sub-Sea, etc.
9. Significant logistics and transporting experience regarding large and oversized equipment, and knowledgeable of state and DOT regulations for trucking
10. Extensive experience and knowledge regarding safe operations of material storage areas and warehouses
11. Proven bias for planning and action
12. Excellent influencing and leadership skills
13. Fluent in English (verbal and written)
1. Proficiency with microsoft excel, access and powerpoint software
2. Good presentation skills
3. Good knowledge about required maintenance for production equipment
4. Through understanding of COPAS rules and guidelines associated with joint venture E&P operations
5. Skilled in SAP MM module and Maximo
6. Understanding of Financial Reporting
7. Analytical Skills
8. Knowledge of Inventory Optimization
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available