The Virtual Bench
Updated: May 1 2013
||Production Engineering, well/reservoir modeling and design, economics, GoM, optmization
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||New Orleans, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, one of the major global energy companies, is looking for Sr Production Engineers. They offer great compensation and benefits, superior technology, a good work/life balance, career growth and an excellent team environment.
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
• Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered).
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• meet the requirements specified below
The Upstream Americas portfolio today generates significant cash flow from core producing areas. We explore for and extract crude oil and natural gas, often in joint ventures with international and national oil companies. We have a robust portfolio of deepwater and onshore acreage across the Americas to ensure sustained production. The Gas Monetization business focuses on ways to leverage our significant natural gas position in new and existing markets, such as converting natural gas to liquids (GTL) to provide cleaner burning fuels. We are also developers of wind power as a means to generate electricity. Upstream Americas will invest in developing our existing resource base to sustain profitable core areas, in growing integrated gas positions and new material oil projects and in unlocking additional unconventional oil and gas resources. We are a global industry leader in deep water. The Gulf of Mexico is the major production area, accounting for approximately 55% of our oil and gas production in the USA.
• Deliver functional well designs that account for the entire lifecycle of the producing asset
• Perform integrated production system analysis enabling selection of optimal development options and identification of production enhancement opportunities
• Define safe operating envelopes for wells
• Prepare documented guidance for long term well management
• Provide the vital link between surface and subsurface engineering to strengthen the multidiscipline approach and ensure delivery of an integrated development solution
• Lead the preparation of the fully integrated Well and Reservoir Management Plan
• Mentor and coach younger Production Technology staff to assist in their development
• May be assigned other responsibilities as needed
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in petroleum, mechanical or chemical engineering
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in production engineering
• Experience in integrated well and reservoir modeling and well functional design
• Familiarity with hydrocarbon economics, cash flow analysis and decision analysis
• Well developed interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
• Interest in planning and application of new technical concepts
• Strong belief that personal and coworker safety is a core value in how work is done
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available