Select Energy Services
Updated: Nov 8 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Shreveport, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Provides Health Safety Environment (HSE) leadership role for regional oil field services organization.
- Integrates HSE team and processes with operations and business organization to confirm compliance with legal requirements, company policy, and required reporting. Reviews performance of staff members on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains a teamwork environment in support of customers.
- Maintains and continuously improves the regions regulatory compliance assurance process through overall direction of the safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Utilizes working knowledge of Behavior Based Safety Programs, Job Hazard Recognition, waste management, spill prevention plan, employee training, emergency response, Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC), and Storm water Pollution Prevention (SWPP).
- Drives critical HSE improvement programs. Communicates program progress, resource needs, to corporate HSE team and regional leadership. Motivate site teams to participate in job safety analysis, behavior based safety programs, HSE audits, and other proactive measures.
- Directs a strong structured safety process to drive a positive safety culture, insisting on consistent implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures. Interfaces with regulatory agencies relative to HSE inspections, inquiries and associated corrective action plans.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates new corporate and regional HSE procedures, legal and other requirements to the appropriate members of regional leadership and service line management.
- Ensures timely and complete root cause investigation of HSE incidents with the line organization and track timely closure of all HSE corrective actions.
- Organizes and prioritizes complex and varied tasks and projects. Provides operational/functional leadership in an oil field services company.
- Utilizes web-based HSE incident management tools and Microsoft Suite.
- Travel required 50 % or more of work time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business
- 5 years progressive experience developing and implementing Quality and HSE Management Systems to confirm compliance with legal requirements, company policy, and reporting with some experience utilizing knowledge of Behavior Based Safety programs, regulatory compliance improvement, spill prevention to train and manage field personnel.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available