Updated: Nov 29 2012
||Corrosion Engineering, NDT Technician, Project Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||North Slope Based, AK, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The position of Technical Aide will be based in the Corrosion, Inspection and Chemicals (CIC) team in Anchorage. The Technical Aide will support CIC in development of deadleg registers, categorization, and prioritization of dead legs for North Slope facilities. The position will support and liaison with Site Specialists on the North Slope relating to verification of project work in the field.
The Technical Aide will also undertake special projects in data management or data collection as assigned.
Key roles include:
- Creation of consistent deadleg registers from engineering drawings (P&IDs)
- Quality Control of Site Specialist walk down entries for accuracy and consistency
- Assist with deadleg prioritization process
- Compile deadleg removal packages
- General support to aid Site Specialists activities and Corrosion Engineering threat assessments
- Assist with refinement of the Deadleg Management Program
- Deadleg Identification Registers for North Slope facilities
- Prioritized list of deadlegs for each facility
- Develop deadleg packages for removal, mitigation and management of prioritized deadlegs
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Upstream oil and gas operations
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings (P&IDs, PFDs, Piping Plans, Isometric and Civil)
- Competent to analyze piping configurations and determine flow characteristics
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with use of MS Excel and Word; ability to locate and query data from internal Company systems (MIMIR, EDDI, Atlas GIS, Scada)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
Experience in oil and gas operations with technical engagement in one or more of the following:
- Basic knowledge of 3phase oil processing
- Corrosion Control / Material Selection
- NonDestructive Testing
- Risk Based Assessment / Inspection
- Familiarity with MS Project and Visio
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimal direct oversight upon completion of training
Travel is not required; however, an occasional trip to the North Slope may prove valuable to gain an understanding of field operations and program implementation.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available