Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Nov 21 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bunker Hill Village, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reporting to the VP of Onshore Facilities, and Pipelines, the Director of Pipelines will be responsible for leading and managing the Pipeline Business Unit.
Education: BS, Engineering (related discipline). Advanced Degree preferred.
Responsible for the Pipeline Business Unit project and functional operations:
- Full budget / P&L responsibility for activities within the unit
- Development of projects, scopes of work, client interface / communication
- Responsible for the leadership, guidance, and management of the Senior Staff / Project Managers within the unit executing the projects
- Operations experience
- Approximately 15-20 years of experience - Strong, hands-on, technical engineering expertise in oil and gas industry pipeline related projects, preferably as a Project Manager on onshore related projects
- Has worked on the EPC side of major pipeline projects, and managed the company awarded process from cradle to grave
- Maintains strong, professional relationships in the industry, as well as an up to date, keen awareness of other related projects domestically and globally
- Previous budget / P&L responsibility
- Previous experience managing other senior-level project personnel
- Will need to be able to demonstrate a work and project history involving pipeline related / focused work
- Will require a very high-level of communication with both home office, client and field related project personnel, so the ability to build and maintain quality, working relationships is essential
- Operations, marketing, business development / sales experience are a definite plus, but not a substitute for the core value set of having the hands-on engineering and project management related background / expertise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit; climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision depth perception, and ability to focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may periodically be required to travel to client job-sites, usually involving heavy industrial (chemical) production facilities and access all areas of the facility. Therefore, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in work place can be loud to moderate depending on assignment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available