Updated: Feb 18 2013
||Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||West Houston Energy Corridor, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry.
SBM Offshore owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Offshore's global footprint includes 7 execution centers worldwide.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development.
Some of SBM Offshore's products include FPSOs, Turret Mooring Systems, CALM buoys, TLPs, and Semisubmersibles.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
- • Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- • Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- • Opportunities for roles in Execution centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels.
- • A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits.
SBM Atlantia is currently recruiting for an Electrical Systems Manager.
- The Electrical Systems Manager is responsible for the performance of all of the systems groups and of the systems teams working on projects (budget, schedule, quality and safety).
- The Electrical Systems Manager has to ensure that her/his department is well prepared for the direct and more distance future. She/he needs to analyze work-loads based on ongoing projects and project development.
- She/He needs to maintain both the quality and quantity of her/his staff at a level that is required for the successful execution of the work-load.
- She/He needs to make sure that her/his staff is provided with sufficient growth opportunities and training.
- She/He also needs to provide coaching and mentoring where applicable.
- The Electrical System Manager needs to be able to guide her/his department on technical issues and project execution issues.
- To this purpose, she/he needs to be an expert in electrical engineering and design.
- The Electrical Systems Manager will represent the groups in internal meetings with Senior Management and in meeting with clients and vendors when applicable.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with preference given to candidates having an advanced degree.
In addition, candidates should have 15 years of (upstream) oil & gas industry experience and strong knowledge of classification society, statutory, and industry standard compliance.
Experience with engineering floating offshore systems is preferred.
The Electrical Systems Manager needs to have experience with and demonstrate a good understanding of the execution of EPC type projects.
This position may require some overseas travel or offshore assignments.
Headquartered in West Houston, SBM Atlantia offers excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (10 holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status.
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available