Updated: Nov 16 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Capital Project Development and Execution
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Excellent Compensation Package!!!!
||Houston, TX, US
||BASF - Geismar
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Technology Engineer is responsible for performing duties in one or more of the following areas of specialization:
- Drive continuous improvement
- Support plant with complicated chemistry and technical problems
- Capital Project Development and Execution
- Act as Manufacturing Rep for Capital Projects from cradle to grave
- Manage and maintain Process Safety programs
Drive continuous process safety improvement
- Lead for PHA's, Safety Concepts, RCMS programs, and EHS audits
- Automation Development and Implementation
- Basic APC controls, alarm management, implementation of automation strategy
- Technology Expertise
For heterogeneous catalyzed chemical reactions, multi-component extraction and distillation processes or similar technologies
- Serve as local technology expert, act as liaison for Global Technology Teams
- Preferred in the following areas MNB/Aniline, MDA/MDI or Butanediol and its Derivatives or Ethylene Oxide, Propylene Oxide, Ethylene/Propylene, or Surfactants
- Entrepreneurial Action
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Business & Financial Acumen
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent Qualifications **Client** recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 5+ years of experience in chemical/petrochemical manufacturing. Preferred experience in MNB/Aniline, MDA/MDI, Butanediol and its derivatives, Ethylene Oxide, Propylene Oxide, Ethylene/Propylene, Surfactants technologies preferred.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
**Client** recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available