Updated: Nov 30 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Workover or Completion, HTHP design, Fracking, fracing, horizontal well design,
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||140K to 175k, DOE. 4 weeks vacation, 9/80 works schedule, 401k matching, Health, Med, Dental, Vision
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are seeking a Sr Drilling Engineer with at least 10 years experience drilling and completions, HTHP well design, Horizontal Well Design, Frac Completion Design.location is Bakersfield, CA Position Key Deliverables:
- Develop well and completion designs, (HTHP, horizontal, and unconventional resource play experience preferred).
- Prepare cost and risk estimates for capital drilling projects.
- Provide engineering support for daily operations.
- Participate in and lead Drilling Process Team meetings.
- Extract and analyze Drilling Information for well look-backs.
- Thorough knowledge of Drilling Operations.
- Design and implement cost reduction initiatives with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Utilize new applications of technology to improve efficiency and achieve operational and evaluation goals.
- Lead internal well reviews and risk assessments for assigned wells.
- Assist Purchasing with timely procurement of material, equipment and personnel.
- Manage and update Drilling SOP's and process standards.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
Critical Skills/ Knowledge Required:
- Design Exploration wells and provide Engineering support for operations.
- Provide cost estimations for capital AFE projects.
- Analyze cost performance and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Make recommendations to minimize cost.
- Lead cost reconciliation of drilling projects.
- Provide casing forecasts and material requirements to suppliers and internal support groups.
- Maintain proficiency in drilling technology and services.
- Mentor team members.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (ChE, ME, PetE preferred)
- 10 -15 years experience in drilling/completions operations
- HTHP well design experience. Exploration experience preferred.
- Horizontal well design and Frac completion design experience preferred.
- Works well independently and also in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available