GL Noble Denton
Updated: Jun 27 2013
||Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GL Noble Denton offers world-class services enhancing the safety, integrity, reliability and performance of our clients' assets in the oil & gas industry. We develop and deliver innovative solutions throughout the asset lifecycle from conceptual design to asset decommissioning; provide a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment for our employees. To support our ambitious growth plans we seek the talented individuals who share our determination to be the very best.
GL Noble Denton is seeking to fill the role of Principal Structural Analyst position in Houston, TX
The Principal Structural Analyst within this area of Advanced Analysis is responsible for leading structural engineering analysis using computational methods for assessment and design related activities for all types of structures including, fixed and floating structures
- Supervision of structural engineering consultancy work for all types of offshore structures including fixed, floating and subsea
- Leading a team to deliver high quality structural finite element analysis
- Developing new analytical methods for specific structural engineering analysis challenges
- Ensuring the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering solutions
Technical / Professional Expertise Required
- Pushover Analysis
- Fatigue Analysis
- Finite element analysis
- A good engineering degree (honors or equivalent) in civil, mechanical
- Master's degree in structural engineering
- (Doctorate in Structural engineering preferred but not required)
- Chartered Engineer or PE (Civil or Structural)
- Substantial structural engineering experience including offshore
- Experience in advanced finite element analysis
- Understanding of wave loading and vessel motions
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to interface with clients
- Ability to cope rapidly with challenging problems
GL Noble Denton is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available