CSI Technologies, a Superior Energy Services Company, provides research, engineering and oilfield product development for the upstream petroleum industry. Drawing on its extensive laboratory resources and accomplished engineers, CSI enables operators to control and validate effectiveness of primary stimulation treatments, primary cementing applications and remedial operations performed throughout the life of the well. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
CSI Technologies is currently seeking a Cement Engineer to join our expert team in Houston, TX.
A Cement Engineer will oversee and perform specialized laboratory testing and analysis on engineering projects to determine the performance characteristics of well completion materials including cements, drilling fluids, spacers, lost circulation materials, and stimulation materials. CSI Technologies is an industry expert with excellence at problem solving and a focus on technology development. Our employees have unique opportunities to provide solutions to uncommon industry problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee testing of cement designs in lab and field settings.
- Work to obtain basic knowledge of all fluids used in well completion and/or construction process such as drilling fluids, spacers, fracturing fluids, acids.
- Develop test matrices for projects including performance testing and data analysis.
- Prepare test specimens and apparatus for non-standard performance testing of cements or other materials.
- Develop new test procedures/protocols as required for research or special projects with minimal supervision.
- Present project data and explain test procedures to clients.
- Engage in daily interaction and communication with clients.
- Must complete all required safety classes and obtain PPE necessary for working on rig sites in the field
- Two years of oil and gas industry experience required.
- Two years experience in a laboratory or field setting testing and developing properties of cement, drilling fluids, stimulation materials, circulation materials, or spacers.
- At least one year of cementing experience required.
- Two years of field engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Capacity to carry a project from initiation to completion, including performance of routine administrative procedures such as project accruals, setups, and invoicing.
- Capable of conducting independent tests in laboratory within established scope and guidelines of research projects.
- A 4 year Bachelors of Science degree (B. S.) in Engineering or other applied science is required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan